Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,459

2 members and 3,457 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: bad bad wiki

Thanks

bad bad wiki

So I was looking up anacondas on Wikipedia and found this. i knew wiki was bad but this? "There have been very few instances of anacondas being bred in captivity. In October 2007, the New England Aquarium in Boston achieved a breakthrough when it was discovered that one of the aquarium's female anacondas was gravid with a brood of eggs." I'm pretty sure they are bred fairly often in captivity and um....... "was gravid with a brood of eggs" ya anacondas are viviparous. Just goes to show you can't trust wiki.
    -Jacob-
    0.1.0 Normal BP (Wubbie)
    1.0.0 Graziani Pastel (Cleo)
    0.1.0 Colombian BCI (Nala)
    0.0.1 Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula
    3 saltwater fish tanks

Thanks

Re: bad bad wiki

I'm all for the whole web 2.0 thing, but when it comes to an encyclopedia, web 2.0 should either be avoided or very moderated. There is another site similar to wikipedia that was created in an effort to get more accurate information, after it was found that some of wiki's authors were providing bad information.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    -Albert Einstein

Thanks

i really don't like wikipedia too much. i tried to create my own page all about myself, kind of as a joke, and they kept taking it down. i tried to make pages for some cool people i have met, and they always pull it saying "this isn't myspace, you can't create a page of someone unless they are famous".

not to be off topic, but i also hate how ANYONE with a video camera is making videos and putting them on you tube. i used to love watching videos on you tube, but know i have to go to other sites that will pick out the good stuff cause there is so much crap.

thats all i got to say about that.
    -Kevin

Thanks

I know what you mean about youtube- in a way I think it's great that anyone can be heard... the problem is, I don't want to listen to about 99% of them!
    1.0 Husband (Aaron)
    1.0 Normal (Milton)
    1.0 Puppy (Ollie)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slither9192 View Post
    So I was looking up anacondas on Wikipedia and found this. i knew wiki was bad but this? "There have been very few instances of anacondas being bred in captivity. In October 2007, the New England Aquarium in Boston achieved a breakthrough when it was discovered that one of the aquarium's female anacondas was gravid with a brood of eggs." I'm pretty sure they are bred fairly often in captivity and um....... "was gravid with a brood of eggs" ya anacondas are viviparous. Just goes to show you can't trust wiki.
    Hey, I saw that movie! Those things aren't real, my boyfriend told me so. He says he went to a big respected zoo, and they didnt have any, and a guy at work told him the one in the movie was computer. So wikipedia is wrong duh, okay.