Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,994

0 members and 2,994 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

View Poll Results: What kind of snake should my friend get?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corn Snake*

8 29.63%
  • Garter Snake

1 3.70%
  • Kingsnake*

5 18.52%
  • Hognose Snake

2 7.41%
  • Something else

11 40.74%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What kind of snake should my friend get?

Quote Originally Posted by MechWarrior
    BPs aren't on the list because sometimes they have feeding issues. That's not a very good case for a begginer is it?
    Any snake that's inappropriately cared for or that is purchased with parasites will have feeding issues... I think that you'll find that most people who buy CBB BPs don't have feeding issues with their animals--because their CBB animals aren't carrying the parasites that some imports carry.

I personally have never had feeding issues with my BP. If you friend gets a CBB BP from a reputable breeder, I doubt he will have a problem. And if he does, the reputable breeder he purchased from should be able to give him tips to get his BP eating.
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

BPs aren't on the list because sometimes they have feeding issues. That's not a very good case for a begginer is it?
    You know you need to work on that attitude of yours!

If you want to be respected here maybe you should start to show respect for others, I am sure it is a new concept for you but you should try.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juddb
    I dont understand why you are making decisions for your friend to buy an animal. But anyway as far as colubrids go why not african house snakes. They are georgous.
    There are many great things about snakes (they're clean, don't need the entire house to "run" around, silent, usually only eat weekly etc.) so I thought that would be a good pet for him. If you haven't noticed all the snakes listed are usually readily availible, and I doubt a snake from Africa would be readily availible.
    Herps I own: 0.1 Northern Brown Snake

Thanks

There are many great things about snakes (they're clean, don't need the entire house to "run" around, silent, usually only eat weekly etc.) so I thought that would be a good pet for him. If you haven't noticed all the snakes listed are usually readily availible, and I doubt a snake from Africa would be readily availible.
    You didnt understand my ? Why isnt your friend making his own decisions about buying animals, i love snakes too. Also african house snakes are not that hard to take care of, and they are readily available (thanks to captive captive breeding).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Ball_Pythons
    You know you need to work on that attitude of yours!

If you want to be respected here maybe you should start to show respect for others, I am sure it is a new concept for you but you should try.
    The reason I might seem disrespectful (and that's only for this topic so far) is b/c I'm not exactly getting any useful information here...

Thanks

I doubt a snake from Africa would be readily availible.
    On a site dedicated to Ball Pythons, you say this (BPs are from Africa, by the by...)?

African House Snakes are Captive Bred, the same as many other snakes from areas around the world.

If you were going to post this just to shoot down all the helpful information, maybe you should have thought twice about asking.
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

Why are you on ball-pythons.net? Bp's are an african snake, and you are talking about colubrids.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    On a site dedicated to Ball Pythons, you say this (BPs are from Africa, by the by...)?

African House Snakes are Captive Bred, the same as many other snakes from areas around the world.

If you were going to post this just to shoot down all the helpful information, maybe you should have thought twice about asking.
    Actually BPs are always at the PS because it's a popular snake. I've never even heard of AHSs because they're never there.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

The reason I might seem disrespectful (and that's only for this topic so far) is b/c I'm not exactly getting any useful information here...
    Let's see you ask for choice what did I say in my first post........hmmm Kingsnakes and Milksnakes and yes I added info because even if YOU know everything some people don't and it is always a good idea to remind people to check the laws that might apply in their state before acquiring or thinking of acquiring a new snake.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juddb
    Why are you on ball-pythons.net? Bp's are an african snake, and you are talking about colubrids.....
    Why don't you check the Subforum's title? Isn't it called General COLUBRIDS?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast