Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,420

4 members and 3,416 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Do you have your BP in a tank or tub?

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tank

445 53.29%
  • Tub

390 46.71%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Cool Re: Do you have your BP in a tank or tub?

I use a tank. But I only have one ball python and he is tiny, I imagine that once he is bigger I will be using a tub. the tank does have alot of upkeep but I enjoy it thats why I started with the tank anyway.

Can you use UTH on tubs instead of Flex-Watt?

~HOLLIE~

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Do you have your BP in a tank or tub?

Hi,

I think Flex-watt is just a brand name for a type of UTH?

The difference being instead of a ready made unit of a certain size you can order it by length and width to fit your needs.

Though if you ask them they will cut and wire it up for you either at reptile basics or even at the manufacturers.

Of course I could be completely misunderstanding the whole thing.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

I have 6 snakes in reptile cages- very different from fish tanks. The rest of mine are in racks systems in tubs.
    I will work to getting all of mine into reptile cages since the tubs do not allow enough room for the moving around that they do at night.
    Reptile cages are cool in that they are designed to maximize heat and humidity and so don't have the issues that fish tanks have. Also, you can use flex watt, UTH or RHP's in them- I use RHP's because they are wonderful!!!!!

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I use both, but prefer tanks. My snakes seem to enjoy the additional space, and I love to sit in the snake room at night and watch them all out and about at the same time! Very cool!

I see so many people here struggling with humidity and tempratures in tanks, while there is a really easy fix. A 1/4" thick piece of plexiglass cut to fit exactly in the tank's recessed top, with holes drilled in each end, basically turns a tank into a tub.

The only problem I ever have with my tanks is keeping the humidity levels down!!! I have to use smaller water dishes.

Thanks

i have a tank, the only problem i have with it is keeping the humidity up

Thanks

i have all 10 of my bps in tubs in a 'rack system' basically just a shelf system from walmart, with heat cable taped on the bottom and of course the rheostat and thermometers. its soooo much easier than when i had my first ball python a couple years ago, in a tank. *way* easier to take care of. but im sure you all know that already.
    1.0 pastel, Aiden
    1.0 HOG, Lee
    Normal breeder female, Alice
    2.4 Normals
    3 girls, Omi, Kai, and Jax!

Thanks

I used to think that tubs were way easier to deal with but I am now really feeling that I was wrong. Tubs are easier to house a lot of snakes in, but I don't think cleaning is easier.
    I have reptile cages from RBI and they are way easier to clean than the tubs and here's why: there is no space in tubs for the snakes to move around and get out of their own feces. I feel bad for them that they are trapped in their own waste for the night until morning when I clean them (7am).
    My snakes in the cages never lay in their own waste and always go to the other side of the cage and into the other hide, away from the waste- 3 feet away. My snakes in the tubs have nowhere to go and are always just laying in it.
    I believe that tubs serve a purpose for young and small ball pythons but I also believe that larger balls need and use the space provided by larger cages. I also understand that every snake is different and so has a bit of a different definition of 'need', but I also believe that only having tubs and thinking they are best could be very wrong information.
    I understand that my post will fly in the face of many members on this forum and not thinking that tubs are the best thing is very much not en vogue. However, I would be remiss to not mention this observation with my own snakes.
    In light of what I have been seeing, I am working very hard to save my money and spend it on cages for my snakes that are large enough to warrant one; sadly, this is a lot of cages Not to mention more t'stats....

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I have my lone BP in a tank right now. But will be buying a rack system from AP once I have the money for it and a thermostat, and of course more snakes to fill it up with
    Ill keep one snake in a tank on display in my room/basement and the rest in a snake room in their tubs.

Thanks

I just switched from tank to tub. Both of my 07 male and female are in 41 Qt and my 06 male is in a 66 Qt tub. All of the tubs are sterillite.
    Ps. I am getting a 07 female pastel and I will have her in a 41 Qt sterillite tub.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks

I am using a tub right now since my bp is very young... So far, the tub has been working great for me. However, I don't know what I will do in the future, but since I am only a student on financial aid... well, I guess I'll stick to tubs until I have the money to invest on something better.
    I'm Nat!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast