Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,724

0 members and 1,724 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,143
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jennifer660

View Poll Results: Do you have your BP in a tank or tub?

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tank

445 53.29%
  • Tub

390 46.71%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Do you have your BP in a tank or tub?

Quote Originally Posted by snakelady View Post
    Those of you with tubs but no racks. How do you keep your snakes from getting out. Do you use straps? I'm sure that my ball could pop the top on those plastic tubs.

If you have more than one tub...do you put the tub right on the heat tape? Then stack another on top, more heat tape, then tub, etc?

I understand the rack system (I'm getting one this summer) with tubs just not tubs without the rack...
    The flexwatt is stuck on ea. individ. tub w/aluminum tape. With the tubs that are all configured the same (same size/length flexwatt and style/size tub) all on the same thermostat, I've glued little felt feet (sometimes the plastic or rubber ends of a cane) and created an airspace and then stack them on top of each other---helps give me more shelf space.

Hope that helps.

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Yes, it does help! Thanks, sweety314.
    ~Tashai
    5.10 ball pythons, 1.1 hog island boas,
    1.1 mexican black kings, 0.1 jungle carpet python 0.1.3 crested geckos

Visit my website: http://ti-imagery.com

Thanks

You're very welcome!

One big happy herpin' family helping each other learn and care for their slithery friends.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

I keep my one female in a tank, but plan on building a rack over summer. I will probably always have one in a tank as a centerpiece for a room. I love looking at my tank and seeing the great colors, even if she is curled up. But I have gone through many a headache getting that tank to it's necessary temps and humidity. So for all the rest, tubs it is. And I will most definitely be consulting all you guys for advice on how to build it.

Registered User Windridge Kennels's Avatar
    Thanks

Tanks- we have tanks everywhere! Nothing against tubs- just tanks are all I know for sure at this point I can do right. And they really look beautiful!
    Jenna in Florida

Eight Ball Pythons Kamala (100% het pied), Lou (het albino) and the normals: Boxcar, Jake, Gorgeous George, Heenan, Beulah & Ivory

The Labrador Retriever Crew + two Whippets & a Golden Retriever

Thanks

Mine is in a Tank. I do regret buying it, because the Da*n humidity won't stay up. I basically have to spray the damn thing 100s of times a day for it to stay it the upper 40s, 50s, and in the 60s. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to up my collection of snakes and I think I'm getting another BP for my b-day So when I do get more snakes I'm definitely going to get a rack and tubs or what not.

Thanks

If you don't have your screen top covered, either with plastic or foil, you WILL have humidity problems. Cover up the top and it will stabilize. Then you only have to mist maybe once a day.

Because of space (and boyfriend) issues, I am building a 41qt 5 slot rack for my BPs. However, that does not mean I won't still have a tank or two going.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

I just have a wet hand towel covering the top, but leaving the edges uncovered so it can create more airflow.

Thanks

I also used towels, until I was warned to be sure to change it daily. A PITA, I know....but if you don't, the warm, moist air will quickly encourage bacteria growth that will make an unhealthy environment in the tank. So I switched to using the GLAD Press'n Seal wrap. On one of my other tanks, a friend of mine repaired the screen and drilling holes in the top, put a plexiglass cover on it for me. I also have Al foil taped and siliconed on a small 10g tank lid for my baby snow corn.
    Sweety314

Thanks

i have all mine in tanks...
    9 total, looking at another.

and i personally think tanks are better, because i think is better for them to be able to see out, and for me to see them.
    and constantly check them...

also, i think its like...

why get em if your just going to toss em in a tub and pull em out every once in a while...

JUST IMO.

also... why the F***
    is the a "smiles" of a spork?
    LMFAO

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast