Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,205

2 members and 3,203 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: please help!! vet mishap!!!

Hey allison!

Yeah they gave me a cathater (sp)

I cut it short to add an extra 2 inches or so to the syringe. Pushed it all the way in. Gave it to him. He spit it all back out.

I know that crap tastes awful. And he didn't like it all in his mouth at all. I'm taking him to the vet on friday so they can do it for me.

I may not even need it for him. But he hasn't pooped in 4 months so there's no dookie to have a fecal done on!!! Its all preventative since the other snake has some nasties.

I'm so heartbroken right now

I love him to death. And I'm scared to hurt him. Or have him disearn my trust. Poor sula

Thanks

I learned: "If you do not feel comfortable administering a medicine if it be oral or injectable then do not do it. Have someone who is use to doing it, do it for you and to show you how exactly how to do it".

It's not worth trying to do it and end up hurting that animal in the process. Believe you me.. I FREAKED out when I had to give my snakes needles of Baytrl for their RI's. I actually drove about 45mins away every other night to my friends house so he could inject my snakes for me. After a few times he started making me do it and I HAD to get over my fear of needles and I learned how to give a shot to a snake. It's not hard once you feel comfortable with it and know exactly how do it.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

I know exactly what you mean. Weird thing is; the ball is no problem. Its sula that's the pain!! Haha. I do it the same way as the ball.

Sula is just good at closing his throat and spitting it back out. He did it at the vets office too when the vet did it.

I'm just gonna let the vet know what he's doing. And make sure he gets it in far enough. And just take him over there every 2 weeks.

I feel bad for him though ya know. He's such a sweetheart. Now he's gonna have to endure a car trip every 2 weeks. Unless he poops. And the fecal comes back clear.

Thanks

Oh snakes know. I know my big female I have she was quick to learn that going in the snake bag meant she was going to get a ouchie. She's the calmest BP I have and man oh man after a few car trips she learned and actually faught me to get her in to the snake bag. It was like a comic strip in the news paper.

Good luck to you and Mr. Sula. I hope he comes back -neg just so he doesn't have to eat that nasty stuff. Yuck!
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

I think snakes are a lot smarter than some people give them credit for!!

Ill be sure to post updates on him. If I coulf only get him to go number 2 I could find out if he needs it or not.

But its been 4 months. With no signs of needing to go anytime soon. Haha so he'll be getting em until I know he's clean for sure.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on him still being nice to me after its all over

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed on him still being nice to me after its all over
    Give him a rat! He'll forget about all of it and forgive you.
    ---=ALLISON=---

Thanks

Ahaha true true. Speaking of food. I called and talked to Kara from NERD the other day. She seems to think he's getting too big too fast. I checked some of your threads and put his age to roughly a year old?

He's getting 2 small rats a week. 45 to 65 grams each. And he's up to around 2300 grams. About 5.2 or so pounds!! So she recommended cutting him back to 1 small a week. He's not gonna like that. Haha but whatever is best for him is what ill do.

But I guess with they're super slow metabolism they don't need much food.

We'll see how he does. I'm hoping he's gonna be a big adult. Something about the biggins is just breath taking. That and big sumatran (black) shot tails. Just beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
    Give him a rat! He'll forget about all of it and forgive you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12