Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,413

3 members and 3,410 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Is the high price market dying?

I know the guy selling that BP
    If I know you, then who are you?

Someone brought it to my attention that you guys had alot to say about my fire pastel, and thats fine.

The bottom line is that these snakes are worth what the people breeding them say they are worth. I didn't see any threads bashing Will Slough for the price tag of the Banana, where are those threads???

The fire pastel that I am selling is the first and only fire pastel for sale EVER!!!

I forget who mentioned it but in this thread someone said that they wouldn't have to wait to make a fire pastel, someone could just buy mine and that is exactly right. We are americans, it is our god given right to want what we want and want it yesterday! And that is what I'm providing, instant gratification.

Yes, I dropped the price. Why? I need the money...simple as that. Do I NEED to sell this snake....no......am I going to take advantage of the oppertunity to sell it while its the only one for sale? You damn right I am.

Its my snake, buy it, make it, appreciate it, just dont be jelous
    Last edited by nephrurus; 10-04-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks

From what I have seen in prices, they are only going to go down...look at spiders and pastels, they are almost "cheap" these days..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nephrurus
    The bottom line is that these snakes are worth what the people breeding them say they are worth.
    They absolutely are! They are worth whatever you're willing to part with them for. Some rather ordinary snakes are priceless to those that have them. And some folks let stunning animals go for surprisingly low prices.

I think folks found the original $40K pricetag for a simple co-dom combination somewhat amusing and expressed that here.

But I for one, will stand up beside you and defend your right to set your prices at whatever you wish, even if I don't think you'd be successful in finding a buyer at that price.

I wish you all the best and hope you get every penny you believe that animal is worth.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Yeah but how many spiders and pastels are out there? Thousands!!! There are 6 Pastel Fires that I know of TOTAL. I produced 12 spiders this year just by myself, and I'm a little guy. Comparing the fire pastel to spiders and pastels is nearly laughable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sw204me
    From what I have seen in prices, they are only going to go down...look at spiders and pastels, they are almost "cheap" these days..
    I'm sure that trend will only continue as long as the mentality that "a pastel is a pastel is a pastel" hangs around. The BP industry is still very set on designer morphs right now, which means the market is whatever it will bear, and the driving force is the latest, greatest, and most morphs packed into each animal. The obvious problem with this is that these animals reproduce, which lowers the dollar value with each successive generation.

I don't see it being too far off when all the bigger breeders, and a number of smaller ones get together and start publishing AKC-style books on what defines a "perfect" specimen of a particular morph. Once these standards are in place, prices will very likely stratify based on the quality of the animal according to industry standards and lineage, and you will instead see high priced simple morphs sitting alongside lower-priced "pet quality" animals like you do with dogs and cats now.

The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever. -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Thanks

Just curious is anyone jealous of this guy bc i sure am not and it shows the type of person he is for even mentioning the word jealous... Hell would freeze over before Id drop 30k on a snake that can be made for 2,500... Pick up a fire... breed it to your pastel and whala you got a fire pastel... hopefully he can sell that fire and get some hooked on phonix... jelous? oppertunity?
    snakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nephrurus
    The bottom line is that these snakes are worth what the people breeding them say they are worth. I didn't see any threads bashing Will Slough for the price tag of the Banana, where are those threads???
    There were plenty of threads about the Banana price. Maybe not on this forum but there were plenty on RDR. And the bottom line is that these snakes are worth what people buying them say they are worth. I can price my pied at 20k. Does that mean it is worth 20k? I just don't see how you can expect to get anything close to even 15k when pretty much every breeder that would buy a fire pastel probably already has multiple breeder female pastels. All they need to do is drop $1500 on a fire and they would produce multiple pastel fires. If it was a double recessive I could see the 30k price but not for double codoms. Which are easy to produce. But good luck with selling it.
    John Vandegrift

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pfan151
    There were plenty of threads about the Banana price. Maybe not on this forum but there were plenty on RDR. And the bottom line is that these snakes are worth what people buying them say they are worth. I can price my pied at 20k. Does that mean it is worth 20k?
    It IS worth $20K if that is the lowest price you'd be willing to part with it at. The value of the animal is set by the owner/seller. If you set the price at $20K and can't find anyone to buy it...and you are unwilling to go any lower and therefore keep the snake yourself...then that snake was worth $20K to you. If you continue to drop your prices until you find a buyer at $7500...then in the end, that's what animal was worth to you.
    -- Judy

Thanks

And the bottom line is that these snakes are worth what people buying them say they are worth.
    Woah, woah, wait... So essentially you're trying to tell us basic economic theory is applicable in the snake industry also?

The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever. -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

these snakes are worth what people buying them say they are worth.
    I have certain snakes that I wouldn't sell for what people interested in them are most likely willing to pay.

I price animals with a sell/keep value ... for me, some animals have a better keep value than their current market price.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast