Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,358

1 members and 3,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Feeding video

Thanks

Feeding video

I didnt know where to put this, but its a video, and i figured since its media it can go in the pictures forum.

I cut a hole in the feeding box just big enough for the camera lense and got to filming. Came out great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYWo7tqPd48

Thanks

Re: Feeding video

Great Video! I Enjoyed The Angle As Well, Great Idea! Good Looking Bp As Well. Thanks For Sharing
    "I dont know what weapons will be used in WW3 but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

-Einstein

Thanks

Thanks, do you think I could feed him anything larger? He's still young. The pet store said "hes under a year old" but from the looks of him i wanna say he's about 6 months? but im not really educated enough on ball pythons yet to look and guess his age. I've been feeding him 2 fuzzy mice at a time now, and he takes them both fine, and still gets a lump in him from them, so I dunno if I should just try 1 adult mouse or keep doing 2 fuzzys for a while?

Thanks

Well, im rather new to this as well so dont qoute me on this,but as long as you can still see the "lumps" in the snakes stomach you should be good, but it did look a bit small if my memory serves me right so you may consider purchasing an adult mouse. You should also consider switching to rats cause IMO they are more healthy for BP's. I hope my helps.
    "I dont know what weapons will be used in WW3 but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

-Einstein

Thanks

Great video!
    When my guys take two of what they're eating consistantly for 2 or 3 feeds i move them up a step. If you are going to switch to rats you'll probably need to go down a size (at least at first) to pinkie rats and go from there. Matching the size of the prey to the widest part of the snake is usually a pretty good indicator for appropriate sized prey.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slowEF
    Well, im rather new to this as well so dont qoute me on this,but as long as you can still see the "lumps" in the snakes stomach you should be good, but it did look a bit small if my memory serves me right so you may consider purchasing an adult mouse. You should also consider switching to rats cause IMO they are more healthy for BP's. I hope my helps.
    Rats are not more healthy for BP's. There's been no studies done on whether rats or mice are better for ball pythons.

I raised the bulk of my snakes on mice and they did just fine. They are all on rats now, not because I felt that rats were better, but because I prefer to breed rats rather than mice.

With that said, fuzzie mice are definitely too small for your guy. Even newly hatched ball pythons are able to eat hopper mice. I would be feeding that guy small or medium mice at this point. Start him with one a week. From the video (and I only watch the first 45 seconds), the size you're feeding him is very small.