Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

2 members and 3,350 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Finally!!!!!

Thanks

Finally!!!!!

I finally got my spider girl to eat a f/t mouse!!!!!

took over a month and 5 trips to the pet store, but last night to my surprise she ate the mouse i left at the door of her hide.

now i can't wait till this weekend so i can get a good weight on her and see how much she's grown.
    -Kevin

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Finally!!!!!

Hi,

Did you use any particular trick ?

All but one of mine are strike feeders on F/T and it's been suggested I should try switching them to eating from the floor so others would be more comfortable feeding them in my absence.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Congrats!!!

Thanks

Yes, do you have a trick? I have 2 that wont eat frozen, the rest of mine are all on f/t >< figures my morphs would be picky
    Ball pythons: 1.2 pastel, 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 mojave(green) 0.1 spider, 1.0 het pied, 1.0 het clown, 1.1 het albino, 0.1 pos het albino, 1.0 shatter, 0.2 normals, 0.1 reduced pattern, 0.3 dinkers
    Corn snakes: 1.0 blood, 0.1 het blood, 0.1 snow, 0.0.1 reverse okeetee
    Geckos: 2.1.2 crested gecko, 0.0.1 leopard gecko
    Boas: 1.0.1 sand boas
    Other: 1.1 mini australian shepherd, 2.0 cats

Thanks

well i would offer f/t every sunday, when the others ate, and if she didn't take it she wouldn't eat until i made it to the pet store (maybe 3 or 4 days later). when i would offer the f/t i would move it like a mouse fuzzy, and make little squeaky noises (yea it looked as funny as it sounds). she would look interested but not strike. so yesterday i was really tired and just wanted to go to bed, so instead of fighting with her for 20 mins i just dropped it infront of the hide she was in, and asked my girlfriend to take it out and give it to the garbage disposal (my texas rat). well the next morning she told me there was no mouse in her tub. i had to double check, so i moved all the substrate and checked everywhere. NO MOUSE!!!!

not really a trick, and it might be a one time thing (hope not). we'll see what happens on sunday.
    -Kevin

Thanks

I just got my little girl eating f/t. I fed her live for a few weeks after having her. Then offered her some fresh killed for a few weeks. Just did a little mouse dance with the tongs. Then tried a frozen thawed and she hasn't looked back.

I think a lot of the problems with frozen thawed could boil down to the meal not being warm enough. Just a thought.

Thanks

warmth could be a factor if you are thawing to quickly or not using a good heating method. personally i think it's the smell.... live has a smell any snake can pick up, but when you freeze the mouse you loose some of the smell. and that gets them interested, but not striking. just my theory.
    -Kevin