Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,302

1 members and 3,301 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Re: Saving a Life! (Graphic images)

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    ya they used that at the hospital when my son's toe was almost severed off (got caught on the safety net of the trampoline!!!)

tim, you were right... this did bring more than one tear to my eyes... i'm sending reiki to your little angel and hoping for some pics as she grows... what a miracle she is! and what a GREAT person you are to take the time out of your busy life to give the gift of living to her!

i've always respected the heck outta ya and you just gave me another reason to respect you even more!!!
    Thanks Aleesha. I didn't mean to make you cry, but I am hoping that we could help one little snake with our care.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    That is one lucky snake. I'm very impressed. and am humbled by your love for these animals Tim. You rock. I'm pulling for that little girl too!!
    Thanks Christie, I was too humbled with how well we were able to help her with our limited wisdom and experience. We are pulling for her.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python.princess
    add my hopes and wishes onto the pile with everyone else! the stitches look awesome to my untrained eye! mad respect to you! i never could've done that! i'd have made matt do it!
    Melanie,
    My eye is as untrained as yours, but I think we did the right thing for her, and I only hope that she does great. I think that she3 is in good company with all of the responses she has received thus far.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny1
    That is an incredible story!!! I am also hoping that she pulls through!! And we will all be expecting pics of the little one as she grows. All lives are precious and it is just so great to be able to hear your story about how you went out of your way to help this little one. She is a lucky little girl and I know will always be well loved. Definately keep us all posted!!
    Pamela, I appreciate the compliments, and I know she has a great home. I hope she is as lucky as we all think, and don't you fret, if she does well, there will be plenty of pics to follow.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz
    that looks painful...i hope she pulls through
    Thanks Chubbz. It may look painful, but I didn't hear her cry once. She was a trooper throughout the whole process.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8b8ll
    Wow :eek:

Hope she pulls through...what a great thing you did for her.

Mike
    Thanks Mike. It seems that with all of the praers here, she will end up just fine. We will keep everyone posed.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Tim you are the man! I hope your little girl makes it thru and lives to be a ripe old lady. I will say my special little animal prayer for her.

I was good until I saw the pics then my eyes welled up. She is a beautiful little creature.
    It's people like you and Adam that keep me here at this site and gives me faith in mankind when so many others try to make it hard to believe in your fellow human.

How lucky is that little girl to be born under the care of such a wonderful person.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

Tim, I'm not even sure that a vet would be able to do that on his own snake impromptu. Major kudos to you and Monica for taking care of this little girl! Just as an afterthought, what are you guys using to prevent any infections?
    -Kasi- 'Marsupial Mom' in training!
    0.1 Normal BP ~Isis~
    1.0 Graziani Pastel ~Apollo~
    0.1 Spider ~Savannah~
    1.0 Albino ~Ra~
    1.1 Lesser Platinum's ~Osiris~ ~Cleopatra~
    2.4 PastelXNormal babies
    0.1 RTB het Anery ~Camila~
    1.1 Bennet's wallabies ~ Boomer~~Bella~
    2.1 Red Kangaroo's ~Rocky, Jack, and Ruby~
    1.0 Serval ~Keyba~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Way to go Tim and Monica! Add my prayers in there too and my dearest hope that the little one survives and thrives. You might want to consider that liquid bandage. I nearly cut off the top of my thumb a few months back when a knife slipped, bad enough it was just barely hanging there. It needed stitched but with no health insurance that was out so I got some stuff called Skin Shield (antispectic/pain relief type) and Tim I was amazed at how well it helped me heal. I just held everything together tightly, slathered on a layer, then when it dried, a second layer and amazingly I have no scar at all. I doubt stitching would have left such a well healed area. Might be something to consider with her to keep germs out and the skin knit together properly (just a back up to your excellent stitching job).

True, but you may want to wait just a little while. Any Skin Shield or superglue/ liquid skin will also glue the stitches to her skin, making it hard to remove them w/o injury once things have started to close up.

Hugs and prayers to you and Monica for your little miracle baby. I hope she heals well and grows big and strong for you!!
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Wow I just can't get over this. I not only found this super interesting but so heart warming.

World needs more people like you in it.

Love to hear how she is doing in the near future.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast