Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,413

1 members and 3,412 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

The Great Escape..............and Successful recapture

I'm so happy, but I'll start at the beginning.

Saturday Sept, 8th, feeding day at my house. All the girls get pulled out of there respective tanks, and into there Sterilite boxes for feeding. Everything goes great. Everyone eats, except my big female who is sick, but thats a different story. So I have three small girls that all share a big tank right now while I finish my rack. I get everyone put up after feeding time, and we are off to the next adventure for the day. Several hours later we are back home, and winding down for the night. I look over at the girls tank and notice that some moron (namely me) forgot to put the clips back on the screen for the tank. So I open the lid, and lift the hide only to find newspaper. So I go into super panic mode, these being three of my five girls. :eek: I'm walking through the house, heart attack. Almost stepped on a snake on a pile of clothes getting ready to go in the wash. Get down, crawl around. There is the baby, my 07 hatchling female. So I have one still free. The only problem is, she is the one who is mean as sin. Ok, so snakes aren't capable of being "mean", but, she is "wild" as sin. Every night I searched and searched and couldn't find her. Now its the 17th, she's been running loose 9 days. I was so afraid she had found a way outside. :eek:

Thank the lord. Tonight my wife goes back to the laundry room to change cloths out before bed and screams "STUART". "What babe". "Um SNAAAAKE". I just up and run like a kid at Christmas, and there she is. So she is safe once again. I am so relieved, and double check the clips every time I open the lid now.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: The Great Escape..............and Successful recapture

Good to hear all your escapees have been found! Hopefully your wild one didn't get even more so while she was "living free". You didn't share about any bites involved in recapturing her, so I guess it went ok.

I've only had my baby for 2 days now and I am totally paranoid that one of these times I'm going to forget to properly secure the lid.

Thanks

Yeah, luckily we were able to avoid blood being drawn upon recapture, however, she's gotten me enough times in the past to make up for it. lol If snake's were capable of emotion I would call it a Love/Hate relationship. I lover her, and she hates me. ha ha. But at least she's home safe again.

Thanks

good to hear dude!
    I know what you mean about "mean" snakes haha
    my girl likes to turn EVERY situation into a big hiss and bite fest, every chance she gets. The funny thing is, she is one of my favorite snakes I own.

If you have a myspace feel free to add me here: myspace

My music page:

http://www.purevolume.com/kensingtonny