Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,345

2 members and 3,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

I think he's dehydrated? What do I do?

Let me know what you think by the pictures. I was also thinking that the dry/extra skin was b/c he was going to be shedding soon (but in reality every day for the past week I go through this same sequence in my head "he's getting duller, well... maybe not; but his belly pink, wait now it doesn't look pink anymore; his eyes are clouding up, wait... now they look clear again") So I really have no clue expect that he shed about 3-4 weeks ago and should be due for another sometime soon. Sorry, a few pics are blurry...

I know this pic has nothing to do with anything, but it's the best close up I've been able to get so far.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I did see him take a nice long 10-15 second drink yesterday. Other than that I'm either missing it or he's not drinking. the humidity hasn't dropped below 50% and I've actually bumped it up a few times thinking he was about to shed

He kinda feels like he has extra skin to grow into, but Idk if that's really the case here.
    1 Normal BP (Rocky)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: I think he's dehydrated? What do I do?

Sounds to me like he's gonna shed soon. It's normal for their eyes to go cloudy and then clear up. They'll look clear for a few days and then shed. He doesn't look dehydrated at all to me. Just keep that humidity bumped and I've a feeling you'll find a nice neat present in the cage before you know it.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. Is it possible that his eyes would cloud up big time during ine shed then barely during the next? During the first shed that I witnessed his eyes were extremely cloudy white/blue/silverish. Now they don't look anywhere near that cloudy, just a little murkey. I'm probably worried about nothing at all, it's just that I'm not currently working so I pretty much sit here and check his tank 17,893 times a day. The combination of a new pet and free time=extreme OCD.
    Man... I need a job a.s.a.p.
    1 Normal BP (Rocky)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah....I think you're just experiencing a very typical bout of NSOCD (New Snake OCD ...LOL)
    -- Judy

Thanks

Thanks, just wanted to double check . On a side note I've really managed to gain his trust the last few weeks. He had no problem with me touching his head, neck, mouth, etc... today (he used to be very jumping when I came near his face) I was tempted to try to open his mouth to check for a RI, but I restrained myself.
    1 Normal BP (Rocky)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigCeC43
    Thanks, just wanted to double check . On a side note I've really managed to gain his trust the last few weeks. He had no problem with me touching his head, neck, mouth, etc... today (he used to be very jumping when I came near his face) I was tempted to try to open his mouth to check for a RI, but I restrained myself.
    Yeah my vet showed me how to check inside there mouth but you have to hold on kind of tight to there head cause they like to run, and you take like the rod of a q-tip and open there mouth with it... I use a chop stick but u can use a q-tip and she told me that the inside of the mouth should be roughly the same color as your hand... Just a good way to look for health problems I guess...
    She said my hands were a little too white but anyway, u know what I mean! lol
    I find afterwards my snake doesnt like me as much ... Must be the fact that I was holding onto his head... GL 2 ya!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigCeC43
    What is RI??
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2184
    What is RI??
    Respiratory Infection
    -- Judy