Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,358

1 members and 3,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: New rescued BP!

Thanks

New rescued BP!

So yesterday my boyfriend and I were visiting some family and were bored so decided to go to a near my aunt's house FLEA MARKET! We were browsing around looking for nothing in particular and saw a little pet shop. Just wondering to see what they had we went in. Then we saw a little REPTILE's section and fastly went towards it. As we started looking at the snakes that they had, my boyfriend and I were disgusted to see the enviroment that the snakes were living in. We seen a burmese pythong dead and a juvee BP laying in the same cage. They had BLOOD PYTHONS mixxed with BPs and they were all laying on top of their feces. Not one snake had a hide or heat resource. Their water was either empty or dirty. Most of them looked dehydrated. It was just disgusting. In one of their cages they had a whole bunch of baby BPs togther and saw that they were all cute... And I mean *cute*. Not one of them looked **normal** They either had a crazy pattern or beautifull colors. They all stood out(as in their beautiness) out of the rest of the cages. Unfortunately we didn't have enough cash to rescue them all from that horrible place and give them a better life than the one that they were living in so we took this little one that caught my attention the most. Tomorrow we gonna take him to a vet to see is he's alright. Hope everything comes out good. Anyways my boyfriend popped it to see what sex it was and it's a boy. We already name the little fellow Simba.

The pattern never stops

Oh yeah there was this little one that we might go back to buy that is a Granite look-alike. What you think?

Sorry for the blurrines. It didn't come out right with flash

Oh yeah. We are planning on calling humane society on them!

Thanks

Re: New rescued BP!

omg! i've never seen a pattern like that before! i can definitely see why he caught your attention! and, yes, i would def. call the h.s. on them!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

He is lovely, but....

Buying from crappy petstores just reaffirms to them that their business is a success. I know it's hard to pass the babies by when they are obviously suffering. But buying from them just means they will buy more snakes to replace the one you bought. Your purchase put money in their pockets. I think one of the things we have, as hobbyists and herp-lovers, is a responsibility to purchase wisely and that includes not contributing to the profit of people who abuse snakes.

/soapbox
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python.princess
    omg! i've never seen a pattern like that before! i can definitely see why he caught your attention! and, yes, i would def. call the h.s. on them!
    Yeah I know. That's exactly what I thought. Yeah I'm gonna call h.s. soemtime this week. I'm gonna go over there and get pics and stuff. And send them over to humane society so they could go over there as soon as they see the conditions those poor animals are living in. And if I get some bad results from the vet, it's gonna be more proof against them.

Thanks

Call your states Department of Agriculture on them.

I always hate getting caught in situations like you just were, because on one hand you want to save the snakes from the people who are keeping them improperly. On the other hand, the last thing I'd advocate doing is putting money in the hands of these people keeping the snakes this way, because to them it validates the fact that they keep them.

That's a gorgeous boy you have there and I can see why he stands out, but yeah I'd definitely call the Department of Agriculture and the Humane Society.
    ~Dexter Mason~
    Wife 0.1 Children 0.1.1 Dogs 1.1 Ball Pythons: 5.22
    Bearded Dragon 1.0 Ornate Horned Toad 0.0.1 Leos 1.3 Russian Tortoise 0.1

Melodrama coming from you is about as normal as a bowel movement - Clerks
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule. - Clerks
    Dante Hicks: But you hate people.
    Randal Graves: Yes, but I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Congrats on that boy - hope you have him quarantining far away from your established colony. I agree with slartibartfast though.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

WOW!! That snake is hot!!! I would have snatched him up too!! I hope he works out good for you.

Go for it, shut them down!!!
    1.1 Ball Pythons, 0.1 Columbian Boa, 1.0 Suriname Boa, 0.0.1 Corn
    1.1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.0 Red Tegu, 1.2.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas, 1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon