Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,206

3 members and 3,203 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Taiwan Beauty Progress at 14 Months

I love your photos. I have two young Taiwan Beauty's and their growth is not as rapid but I have been surprised at how fast and LONG they are. They are also so FAST. I am used to corns and balls so these guys are like lighting. They are starting to get their gold color and man they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos. I didn't know they could get as big as round as a coke can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akaangela View Post
    I love your photos. I have two young Taiwan Beauty's and their growth is not as rapid but I have been surprised at how fast and LONG they are. They are also so FAST. I am used to corns and balls so these guys are like lighting. They are starting to get their gold color and man they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos. I didn't know they could get as big as round as a coke can!

Yep that is the way they are. This is why I consider Taiwans, Blues,Yunnans etc all intermediate animals. There is nothing hard about keeping them, no special requirements other then space but when it comes to handling them it can be a chore. They really are not that into being held, most are pretty friendly but they are constantly going and just prefer that you admire them not handle them.

Not that you can't handle them, I handle Tai about 2 times a week just to keep him on his toes (um tail tip ) and he has never struck or bit. He is now over 7 feet and big around enough that I can just barely close my hands where he is fattest around him. Two nights ago I took him out and got him to wrap my neck twice which chills him down a lot. When I took him off my neck he let out a very quiet hiss about 2 centimeters from my right ear. I don't even think it was meant as a hiss but I can imagine the person who has never dealt with a 7 foot snake with a big Taiwan hissing just tongue distance from their ear .

There is no reason anyone should be afraid to keep these guys so long as you have the room and are not expecting a Ball Python or Boa analog that is going to be content chilling on your neck while you pour coffee. Asian rats are big and mostly gentle creatures but to those who are not real familiar with snake movements and knowing how to read their body language they can be a bit intimidating. That is why I recommend a keeper deal with some other snakes for a bit of time anyway.

Note all that is not a direct message to you akaangela, seems you have you guys figured out. I just see a lot of confusion on both sides of the Beauty Snake thing. Such as they are advanced snakes because they are highly aggressive or they are a beginner snake because they are so easy to keep. Like most hype by the unknowing the truth lies somewhere in between.
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Totally unfair to bring this thread back up to the top without giving us new pics of Tai!

And akaangela, we want pics of your beauties too!
    Casey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
    Totally unfair to bring this thread back up to the top without giving us new pics of Tai!

And akaangela, we want pics of your beauties too!
    I'll second that!
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

He is a lil pimp.

Thanks

My guys are a lot smaller than yours here is one

Thanks

Looks like yunnanensis to me. If so, you shouldn't expect the to grow near the same pace as Tai because friesi get larger, quicker. Do you mind me asking where you acquired those beauts?

John

Thanks

I got them from Chris Gibson. He got them at a show. I had been looking for a while for them and couldn't find any. So he offered to help.

Thanks

They belong to my room mate and he belives in cooling and not over feeding them. So they could be larger but they are on a slow grow pattern. He said it works for him and he also has a 22y.o rat snake, so who am I to argue?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Is albuterol recommended for snakes?

Thanks for posting the pic! Very pretty snake!
    Casey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123