Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,733

0 members and 2,733 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
    Thanks

Anxiety or Stress???

Ok, I had a talk with my fiance after a little argument on Saturday night and she brought this up when everything cooled down.

She said that I need to stop flipping out over the littlest things and stop thinking of the worst possible scenarios.

I sometimes get worked up over the tiniest things it's not even funny. Things that people looking from the outside in would laugh at.

Most of the time is has to do with cleaning the apartment. If there is something dirty or needs vacuuming I do it then go into a cleaning tirade, cleaning everything.

Other things are stuff like if a neighbor parks like a idiot I want to knock on their door and ring their neck. One time I even went out and put a not so nice note slapped right on their windshield. (note: he never parked like that again )

I just feel at times like I have so much stuff bottled up and I feel like I'm going to burst.

Steph says when I get like that to calm down and take a few deeps breaths or sit down but it's really hard.

A few things got to me today and I did really good by just saying to myself that its no big deal and just went on but I wish I could do this with everything.

I've had alot go on in my life and I'm not sure if some of that has made me like this at times.

Also, high blood pressure runs in my family with males if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone ever get like this or know someone who is like this?

Thanks

Re: Anxiety or Stress???

It sounds like you are very highly strung, and that are so close to the edge it only takes a small incident to send you careening downhill. I think you would really benefit from taking a step back and looking at how you can destress your life.

Do you have physical symptoms when you get upset? Rapid heartrate or tightness in your chest?

I find that life can quickly become overwhelming and you need to take some time to relax. I can do that with yoga and even just deep breathing. Physical exercise is very good, even something as simple as a walk around the block. Maybe listening to a favorite song. Find something that relaxes you, and do it when you feel life your going to snap.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Na, I don't feel anything physical like symptoms other than the fact I may wanna break something. I never go that far though.

As for working out, I'm a former personal trainer and I run about 2-3 times a week about 2.5 miles each time and lift weights 4-5 times a week for a least an hour.

Thanks

It doesn't sound like an anxiety attack or stress issue. You may want to look into anger management. I'm not as familiar with that.

Obviously you don't need the physical aspect. If you feel like you are going to go overboard, can you just walk away from the situation and come back to it when you're more level headed? The only thing I can think to suggest is to close your eyes and take a few deep breaths until you can get passed the anger and can look at things more calmly.

I think you need to discuss this more with your fiance, she may have some solutions that would work for you better.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

I dunno if it is anger managment though.

Reason I think this is cause I really dont let me anger out.

It's more or less holding it in.

I dunno, I'm gonna talk to my fiance and my mom and see what they think.

Thanks

Just take a chill pill. Haha

No honestly it sounds like just being high strung. Possibly an anger issue. Even though it doesn't seem like it is. Talking to your doctor would be your best bet.

I don't know your size but for a trainer and someone who works out as much as you do. I did at one time also. An abundance of the production of testosterone could be to blame.

Testosterone levels are higher in people who have more muscle mass. Especially those who work out. That's what I read a while back.

Until you figure it out. Just remember life is too short and its bad to live life in a constant struggle with yourself or other people.

Good luck to you.

Congratulations also on the engagement!! The girl and I are nearing the day.

Thanks

Thanks guys. It's much appreciated.

I actually feel much better these last 2 days talking about it. I never did before.

Actually over the past 2 days I was faced with some petty situations that would have normally got me worked up and I just took a deep breath and said to myself "is it that big of a deal?" and then realized how stupid it would be to get worked up over something so small and meaningless.

Hopefully things only get better.

Thanks

It sounds like you're on the right track then.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N4S
    Thanks guys. It's much appreciated.

I actually feel much better these last 2 days talking about it. I never did before.

Actually over the past 2 days I was faced with some petty situations that would have normally got me worked up and I just took a deep breath and said to myself "is it that big of a deal?" and then realized how stupid it would be to get worked up over something so small and meaningless.

Hopefully things only get better.
    Thats great. We're here for ya man.

When you get worked up. Go run or exercise. Helps you release stress and a plus on your health. good luck
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Thanks

Paul, I can honestly say I'm very much like you in that I get very upset over seemingly small things occasionally. Sometimes it baffles me why I'm even upset about that when I reflect back on it later. I have found one common trend though....it always in some way relates to a feeling of being out of control over a bigger issue in my life. It might be that my monthly household budget got smacked around by something unexpected....because I really can't do much about that I get frustrated...that frustration ends up expressed elsewhere over something seemingly unrelated and fairly minor...the bus being late, my husband leaving a mess on the kitchen counter...that sort of thing.

For some folks, and you may well be one of them, I know I certainly am...we need a lot of feeling of being in control of our lifes. When life tosses us to many curveballs at once, or we face big decisions that we can't totally control or see every possible outcome to...this sort of thing can happen. Maybe that's you too?

For me, I'm learning to recognize when my stress levels are a bit too high and plan very quiet times. I also openly tell my family that I'm edgy and need them to help me help myself. Lastly I try to remember when these little things happen, that in 10 years I won't even remember this, it means nothing and it's not worth the effort it takes to get ticked off about it.

Also I've recently started taking a homeopathic remedy called Valerian Root (found in capsule form in the vitamin section). I take one in the morning, one in the evening with food and I can honestly say I'm pretty amazed at how much better I feel. Valerian root has been used naturally for hundreds of years. It is however one of the strongest of the natural herb group so anyone taking it must check for interactions with prescription meds being taken.

Here's a link to it...it might be worth checking out....research, speak to a homeopath, etc.

http://www.1001herbs.com/valerian/
    ~~Joanna~~