Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,265

0 members and 3,265 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anacondas

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Talking Re: Anacondas

i take mine out once every other day. he is very tamed. his temper is really good. only if u handle him couple times a week. also they will be happy if they get feed regulary.

i feed mine once a week medium to large rats and that makes him happy.

but over all people think anacondas are bad snakes. but they really arent, they are good snakes. i also recomend if you are not really good wit snakes.. then i say wait off until you know some lil info about snakes and ancondas. but if you think your ready go head and try getting one. there awesome pets. they do get quite big so make sure if you get one get a big enough tanks and a large enough water bowl for him/her

Thanks

Re: Anacondas

Lucero87 - As far as the temperments go, they are both ways... I have some crazy chainsaws and then some that are very docile. Overtime you kind of find out what sets each snake off individually, and learn to not mess with them at certain times. I've noticed they tend to get spooked fairly easy as well (even the tamer ones) and will lash out at times.

But overall, most can be tamed down with handling, it's just best to always be prepared!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plummer View Post
    i take mine out once every other day. he is very tamed. his temper is really good. only if u handle him couple times a week. also they will be happy if they get feed regulary.

i feed mine once a week medium to large rats and that makes him happy.

but over all people think anacondas are bad snakes. but they really arent, they are good snakes. i also recomend if you are not really good wit snakes.. then i say wait off until you know some lil info about snakes and ancondas. but if you think your ready go head and try getting one. there awesome pets. they do get quite big so make sure if you get one get a big enough tanks and a large enough water bowl for him/her
    Take your own advice. I have a 5 foot bci that doesn't even eat large rats let alone twice a week. I think you need to read up on powerfeeding. Not going to be very healthy anacondas you got.

Thanks

where did you get those cages?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123