Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,175

2 members and 3,173 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Our New BPs

Thanks

Our New BPs

We just ordered 2 new BPs, they're both 50% possible het for albino and 50% possible het for pied and 25% possible double het for pied/albino. So my husband and I are pretty hopeful about our chances of getting a lucky one. Here are some pics.

This is the female.

This is her belly.

This is the male.

This is his belly.

We still don't know what we're gonna name them, lol. It's hard to do until you meet them though. They'll be here Saturday, so I'll keep you updated after we get them!

Thanks

Re: Our New BPs

i like the idea for the belly shots! too bad they weren't a little brighter! very nice snakies! are they siblings?
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Yeah, they're siblings, so I don't think we'll be breeding them together. I've heard that it's ok to do for just one or two generations though, but I dunno. My husband and I only touched lightly on that, so we'll have to talk about it more.

Thanks

If you are buying them for their genetics and the hopes of producing something morph-wise, why would you not breed them together??

It would only increase your odds.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPenn
    If you are buying them for their genetics and the hopes of producing something morph-wise, why would you not breed them together??

It would only increase your odds.

I agree 100%

Thanks

I've heard nothing but positives about breeding siblings for one or two generations, but it just seems odd to me. Probably because of all the bad things I've heard about us humans inbreeding. I realize that it would take time for it to get bad, but I guess it's just ingrained in my mind. Would it be better if they were "half" brother and sister, where one has a different mom, or would it not really matter if they both had the same parents?
    Last edited by Ember Sparks; 09-04-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ember Sparks
    I've heard nothing but positives about breeding siblings for one or two generations, but it just seems odd to me. Probably because of all the bad things I've heard about us humans inbreeding. I realize that it would take time for it to get bad, but I guess it's just ingrained in my mind. Would it be better if they were "half" brother and sister, where one has a different mom, or would it not really matter if they both had the same parents?

Well we all came from Adam and Eve so we are all inbred anyways

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ember Sparks
    Yes, it would have been better if they had been half brother and sister. But you bought them for the possibility to produce something new so you would have to breed them together.