Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,267

2 members and 1,265 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,578
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks

answer me this please

My partner and I have been building cages for our own personal use then we saw the opertunaty to sell these because all of our local herber buddies wanted us to build some for them. I want to get an oppinion from a lot of people good or bad in my last poll it says that everyone likes our cages, but what would it take to get everyone to buy our cages I knows no one really knows us but from looking at our ad in the for sale and from the pics you see what would you say we should do to get our name out there or to get some of these sold we already have many of these made so its not a real long wait period like what I had with Boaphile in the past please let me know thank you in advance.

Thanks

Re: answer me this please

Quality
    Durability
    Price
    Customer Service

Thanks

It's going to take work to get interest in them. There are so many great quality cages out there. Yours do look very great and of high quality; and if I was in the market for one I'd buy one, but mainly because you're local for me so I could save on shipping.

But many would rather pay a little more for a known brand. It's the same reason NERD's BP's fetch a higher price than the "little guy's"; because they have a solid reputation. What I would suggest is to just continue advertising and try to maybe go to local shows or herp society meetings to get the word out. That's the best way to get things going. If people can see them in person then they'd be more willing to buy; especially if you're starting out. Then slowly word will get out.

Thanks

I agree, try bringing them to the local expos, I'm always looking for quality, affordable caging at them.

Thanks

Yes we are going to start bringing them to local expos and hope to get our name out there a lil bit more I realy enjoy hearing your sugestions thank you.

Thanks

Do you guys have a name for a company yet?

What are you currently constructing the racks with?

Shipping is a big deal too...if you guys could make it so that everything comes apart and fits nicely in a box, it would make for cheaper shipping.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Cultivate a professional image in your ads as well. Make sure to spell everything properly and use punctuation, while being gracious and welcoming to queries.

Pictures of your product, and details as to the materials you use. I.E. if you used say.. plywood. Don't say "Wood". Do say "1/2 inch Grade 1 plywood". Show what quality you put into the product.

Every single thing about your product, state it. If you use stainless steel hinges, say that. Latches to order? Say that too. Anything that regards the selling points you should spell out, again so people know what quality they are going to get.

Make sure to lay it out in a pleasing and easy to read manner. If there are no breaks in the dialogue(i.e. one long paragraph) a lot of folks will skip it.

Respond to queries and questions about your product in a timely and professional manner. Telling ONE potential customer to "Go dunk your head in poo" or the equivalant, can kill a lot of potential orders, as that one person might know a LOT more folks. One unhappy person talks to twenty people. One HAPPY person talks to one.

Good luck!!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathanledet
    Quality
    Durability
    Price
    Customer Service
    Exactly.

Best way to earn peoples business is Customer Service. Originality/Price is 2nd.
    A lot of people like APs and Boaphile. So if you make something simular with higher prices. Guess where business is going. So if your going to price your item higher, make sure theres something different/original or back your product lifetime or few years warranty...something different to bring customers in.
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Thanks

basically its a competitive market.
    -Linh
    0.1 Sumatran Stp
    1.0 Pastel BP

Thanks

faster shipping is always a plus too.