Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

1 members and 3,389 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Best place to find Copperheads...

Don't get so defensive lol. Your right, your obviously an expert and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But really, copperheads are not semi-aquatic. Racers can climb trees if they want, are they semi-arboreal? I've seen humans in the water before(GASP), are we semi-aquatic? I've seen clips of rattlesnakes swimming, I guess they are semi-aquatic as well.

Aquatic snakes are ones like file and tentacle snakes. Semi aquatic snakes are ones like cottonmouths and ribbon snakes. Terrestrial snakes are snakes like copperheads and rattlesnakes. Semi arboreal snakes are ones like tiger rat snakes. Arboreal snakes are ones like green tree pythons. Does that clear things up enough? And do you really believe random internet sites? It's comparable with the information you get on snake care from pet stores, thats something I'm sure lots of people here can relate to. Show me some more "proof".

John

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentesCiconii
    Don't get so defensive lol. Your right, your obviously an expert and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But really, copperheads are not semi-aquatic. Racers can climb trees if they want, are they semi-arboreal? I've seen humans in the water before(GASP), are we semi-aquatic? I've seen clips of rattlesnakes swimming, I guess they are semi-aquatic as well.

Aquatic snakes are ones like file and tentacle snakes. Semi aquatic snakes are ones like cottonmouths and ribbon snakes. Terrestrial snakes are snakes like copperheads and rattlesnakes. Semi arboreal snakes are ones like tiger rat snakes. Arboreal snakes are ones like green tree pythons. Does that clear things up enough? And do you really believe random internet sites? It's comparable with the information you get on snake care from pet stores, thats something I'm sure lots of people here can relate to. Show me some more "proof".

John

It will hurt you to know that i didnt read your post, i clicked "quote" and that was that, i skimmed over it and i think its cute that a 17 year old is trying to educate me.

Anyways, lets not hijack this thread. I've already given the original poster all the info he needs, which is more than i can say for you. This thread wasn't made for you to argue on and show your lack of knowledge.

Ohhh i know, here comes the warnings from mods and negative reps. So be it, i'm through with this board anyways...i just figured i'd help a few people out on my last day.

Any post that you reply with won't be read by me or replied to, so have at it. Try to make yourself seem like you know what you're talking about on mommy and daddies computer.
    My signature was too long.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

**Sigh**

Thank's for having such a high opinion of us.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Lucifer, thank you for the information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    Ok, I'll argue, then

Anything west of Greenville is North Texas, not East Texas.
    Its close enough...I didn't think it would matter on a forum that is used internationaly.

Next time I will be more specific

Thanks

Copperhead habitat

I thought I'd share this with the snake afficiados. There are lots of cottonmouths in the sound off of the northern Outer Banks, NC, but this fellow was quite at home swimming and lurking underwater...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allart1...57618856259443

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Holy crap talk about raising a thread from the graveyard. Whoever creates the emoticons needs to make me a zombie one!!! lmao.
    VisitorAl- this thread is 6 years old bud, lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (05-25-2012),Quantum Constrictors (05-24-2012),Slim (05-23-2012)

Thanks

Wink Re: Best place to find Copperheads...

Every dangling conversation needs a little goose now and again, although i can't say that this question hasn't been addressed anywhere else. I asked this question on the web and this forum is all that emerged, sooo...I do this for the next person who ponders this copperhead question - probably about 5 years from now...I also posted some cottonmouth shots on the same Flikr site (my username is allart1)

All I can say is that this snake, which looks every bit a copperhead, appeared as comfy in the water - both at the surface and beneath it - as a cottonmouth, although if I could go back and pay closer attention, I might compare the swimming styles - swimming more on the surface vs. undulating more beneath it (as I recall), although there is another swimming snake, a black rat snake, I'm told, on my Flickr site, doing surface undulations, so swimming style may just be the mood of the moment. The copperhead's being being in the drink was not a fluke as it appeared to be patrolling for vittles...

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/image...s/rolleyes.gif

zombies are the undead..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VisitorAl For This Useful Post:

rebelrachel13 (05-24-2012)

Thanks

mia culpa. So much for knowing much about copperheads - its a brown water snake with big round pupils.

sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12