Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,294

0 members and 3,294 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Feeding

Thanks

Feeding

I have a baby RTB, I feed him 2 f/t fuzzies a week. How do i know when to change to say, frozen mice, baby mice, etc, whatever the next step may be?

Also, is it okay to feed the RTB in it's tank? or is it better to put him somewhere else and feed him, like a shoebox or something? I have Aspen as beeding, tonight was the first night i fed him in his tank, he didn't take in any of the Aspen, but is it okay if he sometime consumes some? ( obviously i'm going to try and make sure he doesn't ) but could that be a problem?

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Feeding

I also keep all my snakes on aspen shavings.Alot of people keep and feed on it without any problems...im a little paranoid, and i think it would be just my luck for something to go wrong, so before feeding i just lay down a sheet or two of newspaper and then go ahead and feed simple, easy and safe-er

And as far as your feeding question, what do you mean, how will you know you need to increase the preys size or how will you know when to switch him from live to frozen ??

And yes feeding in the snakes tank is perfectly fine, not only is it a pain in the butt for you to drag him out and stuff him back in everytime but i would imagine its stressfull on the snake as well.......just imagine a big time breeder with thousands of snakes trying to pull each and everyone out for feeding....thats just crazy. I have never had any problems with aggression or anything like that.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks

if your already feeding him fuzzy rats then i would just stick to rats only. no mice. you want to increase his feed size to a small rat when the girth of the snakes mid-section is about the same size as its prey. Also you can change to frozen whenever you would like just make sure you research on how to do it correctly. i would provide you with a site but i dont know much bout feeding F/t .. i have always just fed live... I like to keep my animals wild in some way
    pin albino bp in the making

Thanks

With my BP i feed LIVE.

With my baby RTB i feed it frozen baby fuzzies, twice a week.

I'll know when to upgrade, but i just didn't know if people prefer to feed their boas LIVE or FROZEN prey. I know Frozen is safer, and i'm more content with that.

A rat got my BP one time, and he didn't eat for almost a month and half, really don't want to have to have the same problem with my RTB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Monty
    With my BP i feed LIVE.

With my baby RTB i feed it frozen baby fuzzies, twice a week.

I'll know when to upgrade, but i just didn't know if people prefer to feed their boas LIVE or FROZEN prey. I know Frozen is safer, and i'm more content with that.

A rat got my BP one time, and he didn't eat for almost a month and half, really don't want to have to have the same problem with my RTB.
    if you feed live correctly, it is just as safe as frozen :3

Thanks

The cool thing is they'll usually eat whatever you feed them, frozen or live. SO convenient.