Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

0 members and 3,173 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTP Pricing?

Thanks

GTP Pricing?

Hey all,
    I've been in the snake world for over a year now and am getting the bug. I like having my BP as a docile handling snake but I'm really considering a GTP. I actually have a great set-up available (my friend owns a good tall tank with the opening on the side), done my research and was just wondering about prices.

Unfortunately, the only place I know that breeds GTPs is selling the ones from the most recent clutch for $750+ which just seems very high. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Thanks

Re: GTP Pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by Snape
    Hey all,
    I've been in the snake world for over a year now and am getting the bug. I like having my BP as a docile handling snake but I'm really considering a GTP. I actually have a great set-up available (my friend owns a good tall tank with the opening on the side), done my research and was just wondering about prices.

Unfortunately, the only place I know that breeds GTPs is selling the ones from the most recent clutch for $750+ which just seems very high. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Ah the GTP bug bit me this year as well.

It's going to be hard to find a QUALITY (CBB) Chondro for under $500.00 (IMO). Don't cheap out with these guys and buy a $250.00 Wild Caught Chondro...I assure you your expierence will be anything but fun. Take your time and talk to breeders, keepers and figure out what your looking for. I went with Ophiological Services, they are some of the best in the biz. I got mine for $650.00 and couldn't be happier. PM me if you'd like some good websites.

Good luck!

Mike
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Thanks

Well this breeder that I go to is apparently pretty well known in the north-east so I'll probably go to him, his GTPs have amazing colors and size, etc. Thanks for the advice though, I was worried that I was spending way too much. I'll just have to save a little more, I don't want to cheap out on the guy

Thanks

I got my GTP from a guy that breeds his animals for the hobby and not for the money. You can easily pick out these guys on a forum. I paid 325 euros, and I've seen pictures of the parents.....they we're smokin'!!

Oh, don't buy young GTP's from people that say to know the gender. GTP's can be probed from the age of one year! And make sure the snake had some meals before buying.

Good luck!
    -Nordin-

Thanks

I got this guy from a breeder for $350.00 so I wouldn't say you have to spend 600.00 to get a nice tree worm. I agree that you should take your time and know what you are buying because it can be a tough time with farmed/ Import animals, stick with CCB.

Chuck

Thanks

Thanks for the posts guys! I've read up a ton on GTPs and have the capabilities to take care of it and to be honest, just want a beautiful "looker" snake. I love my BP but he's the nice guy, I need something a little more dangerous.

I know the guy up by me is breeding them the end of the summer, so maybe ready in a few months if I'm lucky, we'll see if I can work him with the price.

Chuck, beautiful GTP, just what I'm looking for.

Thanks

a wild caught emerald tree boa would be a little "dangerous" maybe?

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

For a baby that is not from any particular bloodline, I would expect to pay at least $400. Animals with extensive pedigrees or from colorful bloodlines are more costly.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

i don't have pics, but in daytona they had an awesome calico yearling chondro! that snake was smokin hot!! :eek:

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

I know this is an older thread, but since it had to do with GTP prices I felt obligated to share. At the NARBC show in Chantilly VA this past weekend I saw a GTP price that really caught my eye:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/DSCN1485.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o.../AlbinoGTP.jpg

This albino GTP bred by Trooper Walsh himself can be yours for the low, low price of just $100,000.00!
    Buck 99
    Python regius 4.4
    Morelia viridis 3.2
    Lampropeltis getulus californiae 0.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast