Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,425

0 members and 3,425 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Here is my RTB Lord Pistachio

He is just under 6 feet and 7lbs (I am wondering if he is underweight I have been feeding 2 jumbo rats every week but he doesnt seem to be gaining much weight).
    He is a good boy, kind, gentle but with a mind of his own heh heh yeah he has spunk. Likes to climb walls like he thinks hes spiderman, able to leap off shoulders with a single bound. He is the one and only Lord Pistachio....

Last edited by darkdreamer; 08-20-2007 at 02:48 AM. Reason: edit info

Thanks

Re: Here is my RTB Lord Pistachio

Absolutely beautiful, how long have you had him?

Thanks

I have had him for about 4-5 years(dont remember exact time), I actually got him from a Fireman that found him on a call for $75. He will not eat live rats and I have always given him F/T.
    He is very healthy and active (mostly at night or when someone is in the room).
    I may have to start feeding him bigger prey.
    I will most likely have to get a small freezer because I am having issues getting rats big enough from my supplier as well as even getting rats when I need to feed him as they are usually out. I want to place an order from rodent pro but cant place a big enough order due to freezer space to make it cost effective.

As it is I paid $22 bucks for 4 "Jumbo" Rats (They were more like large rats as they were not that big and not worth 5.50 each) So I feed 2 of them to him every week, I will have to weigh them to find out how much the rats weigh to see if I am getting my moneys worth.

I am feeding him every week as I want to see if I can get him to gain a couple pounds I will feel better then. I just think he is under weight. I just need to fix the rat supplier issue and that should resolve it.

I will take more pics this weekend at noon when the sun hits his scales right its like little rainbows. Its hard to take pics cause when I take him out he gets into the exploring mood.

Thanks

He doesn't look underweight at all. He may have topped out... as a male, he'll be a little on the smaller side. I would say, if you up the size of the rat, drop the feedings back to once every two weeks or so. This will keep him from getting obese, and will also keep him healthy and tone.

I have an adult female that's a little over six feet and at 10lbs and I feed her a jumbo every three weeks. I know it sounds like a long time... but when you look at the size of the rat in comparison to her girth (she's not a big girl because I'm not feeding for breeding size) it's plenty enough.

EDIT: BTW... he's really a beautiful!!! boy.