Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

1 members and 3,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: RI Symptoms???

Thanks

RI Symptoms???

I just purchased a 1 - 1&1/2 yr old Reduced Pattern, male today around 6pm, got him home and setup. While i had him out i let him do alittle adventuring, and i picked him up and noticed what looks like mucas coming out of the rightside of his mouth... It was clear, not like snot green... and i haven't noticed him doing any of the other symptoms, such as the raising the head, rubbing his face, or leaning to one side, so i'm curious do BP's just release phlem like we can hock a lougie??? Right now i have been keeping a close eye on him, but he just destressing, and relaxing in his hide. I plan on taking him to the vet on either monday or tuesday, if they can fit him in... all advise and questions welcome...
    ~Matt

1.0 VENOM "Normal" BP 0.1 Ivy "Fireball" BP 1.0 Dr. Doom "Reduced Pattern" BP
    0.1 Lady 1/2 German Sheperd 1/2 Greyhound

1.0 William 100% Homosapien (LOL! Kids are like pets)
    0.1/2 Hazel 100% Homosapien (She's on the way: Due Oct. 8th, 2007)

Thanks

Re: RI Symptoms???

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaa
    looks like mucas coming out of the rightside of his mouth... It was clear, not like snot green...
    I've never heard of them having issues with mucus other than with an RI. Basically your best bet will be the vet as they can correctly diagnosis the problem.
    0.1 Normal BP - Skylla

Thanks

Thank you! Thats all i needed to hear, i just wanted to make sure they didn't.
    ~Matt

Thanks

Sounds like it's best to see the vet and have a good hands on assessment done. Let us know what the vet has to say.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I agree the vet is the best option.

But...where did you buy him from. If you only had him a few hours I would be calling the place or breeder you got him from and getting some more info. Most pet stores have vets they contract with that you are required to take the animal too if you expect the store to pay for it. Any live guarantee you got will more than likely have run out before the snake gets over an RI (if he has one)

If you got it from a breeder then I would be concerned that their other snakes are sick. You will want to see what the breeder suggests and what they are willing to do.
    Sean

Thanks

I have a Vet, appointment on Monday at noon! I have a 7 day return to the store so if he is sick i will be notifing them as soon as i know, because as i was reading late lastnight and found out it can easily be transfered from one to another in matter of minutes so i will let them know so they can keep a look out for more with it possibly... but i want a Vet to look him over before i go in there saying he has an RI, and it not being an RI.
    ~Matt

Thanks

Well i went to the Vet today turns out he was on the second stage of an URI! Gladly enough we caught it before it got worse! Well this weekend was a long and strainous weekend!!! Well he did! De-Stressing, Shedding, Hungry, URI, Mites, and he bit me, because i was near his hide and he couldn't see do to the shed! So he got his 1st shot today, started shedding at the Vets office, and after he completed his shed, i fed him 3 small rats (vet said to feed more small meals do to the RI, and don't want to irritate the RI), so NOW after a long weekend he finally comfy, relaxed and very active (in a good way). So now he has another Vet visit on Thursday, and he is LOOKING so AMAZING after his shed i have to get the camera out in a couple of days and take some picks. But i had no info on Dr. Doom until today! He is 2.46lbs, is 40" long, and was estimated to have been born on Feb. 20th, 2006. WOW, can vets tell you alot!!! I'm just so happy he is doing so much better after all that!
    ~Matt