Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,232

0 members and 3,232 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

need advice w transporting my bp

i have a slight problem. i currently live at college year round. tomorrow im moving back home for two weeks and taking my 3 month old bp home with me. since i live in a fraternity house i dont want to leave her under the care of my housemates. so tomorrow afternoon im driving an hour and a half with my bp up north to my parants house to house sit/dog sit. this is where my problem comes into play. i have a pickup truck with a custom exhaust that has an extremely low tone. its almost as loud in my cab as it is outside of it. is this gonna freak my bp out and is there any way i would be able to shelter her from the tone of the exhaust? (im not kidding you when i say my truck rumbles. sorta like a 5.0 mustang with straight pipes)

Lou

Thanks

Re: need advice w transporting my bp

I have a 2000 Mustang GT with an aftermarket exhaust and is extremely loud, I just have my ball ride front seat with me and he's absolutely fine. It takes him a few hours once he gets settled back home to be back to normal from the trip, but he never appeared stressed out and I actually fed him a day later and he was fine. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks

well that helps. less to worry about during my trip home. but another thingi forgot to mention would be the offroad suspension i have on my truck. it is really stiff. which means you feel every crack in the road. i hope she doesnt get too freaked out tomorrow. im putting her in a tupperware container (obviously with holes drilled in it) about double the size of her hides. should i use something bigger? smaller?

Thanks

If your worried about the sound try putting that tupperware container inside of something that will muffle the sound... Perhaps if you have a heavy duty cooler that you could then wrap in a couple heavy blankets or something??

I'm not really sure if that would help much, but I know our dog freaks out the second he's in a loud car... Then again, they have very sensitive hearing.

Do they make snake earmuffs?
    ~*~ Adri ~*~

0.1 BP - Kitty (but 'officially' Cleo)
    2.0 Pet rats - Gir and Zim
    1.0 Bunnicula - Dexter

Thanks

I have a stiff suspension set up as well, I just take his travel mini tank and pad it with a towel and just put the seat belt over it and it's really not too bad. As long as he's not flying all over the car, he'll really be ok. In my experience, BPs are more tolerant than people give them credit for.

Thanks

Just don't put him on the floorboard. The floorboard often reaches different temperature extremes and the constant vibration from the road is going to be more stressful. I'd put your ball in a snake bag or a pillowcase, tie it shut and then put it in a plastic bin or a something similiar to keep it from moving around. Also, if he decides to have an accident in the truck, then you won't have a big mess on your seats.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959