Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,282

1 members and 3,281 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good To Go!

Thanks

Good To Go!

Just got a new terrarium decided not to go with a tub because my dad doesn't like the idea, I'll be posting pics asap or check out my gallary and tell me what you think so far.

P.s I know I need 2 hides im getting those soon, I am also picking up a herpstat or a thermostat and also a temp/hydro meter.

Thanks
    Last edited by JLC; 08-09-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Please keep pictures to a max of 800px wide...or use links for larger images

Thanks

Re: Good To Go!

ARGG sorry their so big

Thanks

How big is the floor dimensions? It looks awful small from here! Not to mention, a ball python is a ground dwelling species and doesn't need anywhere near that much height.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman
    How big is the floor dimensions? It looks awful small from here! Not to mention, a ball python is a ground dwelling species and doesn't need anywhere near that much height.
    I know, its about 18 3/8" all around.. i know its small but I'm getting a bigger one soon this is its temporary home for now, trust me i got something in the making coming up..

Thanks

So.. your dad wanted something that looked nice, but isn't functional and isn't what will work best for the snake? That's not going to make your first snake keeping experience a good one...

That tank is going to be hard to get humidity in, as well as provide a proper temperature gradient. That baby is going to be beyond stressed with all of that tall space.

If he wanted you to use a tank, I would go find a 10-gallon. It would last you longer than that Exo-terra(which is good for arboreal geckos).

Just doesn't seem like you conveyed any of the awesome information you got from here, to your parents.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    So.. your dad wanted something that looked nice, but isn't functional and isn't what will work best for the snake? That's not going to make your first snake keeping experience a good one...

That tank is going to be hard to get humidity in, as well as provide a proper temperature gradient. That baby is going to be beyond stressed with all of that tall space.

If he wanted you to use a tank, I would go find a 10-gallon. It would last you longer than that Exo-terra(which is good for arboreal geckos).

Just doesn't seem like you conveyed any of the awesome information you got from here, to your parents.
    Trust me.. I have.
    I was happy with the tub Idea, but my dad is a complete :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:.. trust me.
    I told him it would stress him out, but he didn't listen, he said its cruel.. but he's the boss so i don't want to ruin my chances, i think things will work out in the end...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    Well said. That was my thought exactly but I lack the tack to say it in any sort of polite manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright202
    I was happy with the tub Idea, but my dad is a complete .. trust me.
    I told him it would stress him out, but he didn't listen, he said its cruel.. but he's the boss so i don't want to ruin my chances, i think things will work out in the end...
    If that's the case perhaps you should wait until you can afford to be out on your own, and provide a safe, secure and stable environment for the pet. If you're going to be dependant on the rules of someone who doesn't and isn't willing to do what is best for the animal then IMHO you shouldn't have one.
    ~*~ Adri ~*~

0.1 BP - Kitty (but 'officially' Cleo)
    2.0 Pet rats - Gir and Zim
    1.0 Bunnicula - Dexter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GirDance
    Well said. That was my thought exactly but I lack the tack to say it in any sort of polite manner.

If that's the case perhaps you should wait until you can afford to be out on your own, and provide a safe, secure and stable environment for the pet. If you're going to be dependant on the rules of someone who doesn't and isn't willing to do what is best for the animal then IMHO you shouldn't have one.
    I'm sorry if people are upset with my fathers decision.. like i said it is TEMPORARY. So please don't stress everything will be fine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Actually what's cruel is what your dad is doing. Why don't you let him read the info provided to you by very experienced Ball python owners and breeders instead of him taking your word for it. That cage is for arboreal reptiles, your husbandry is going to be awful. I don't think your good to go, unless you mean to the vet eventually. You did your research now maybe dad should do his instead of assuming what's best. Vet bills are gonna be way more than any setup is going to cost. I don't want to stress you out bro, just help you avoid a much worse and stressful scenario.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast