Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

1 members and 3,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Carpet Python Noises

Grats Jenn on your JCP. They are awesome snakes. He may have just been stressed out and thats why he was making those noises. Mine now only does it when he doesn't feel secure when I'm holding him or when he starts to struggle with wanting to explore. So I take it as when mine feels the need to stess out, he does it. You have the right idea, just keep an eye on him for any bubbles, yawning, snot.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

i havnt beeen owning snakes for very long, but my carpet python does the same thing. ill notice if the house is quiet that while she sits in her cage she makes kinda like whistling noises. i have been i little concerned about it but not too much because there is no mucus or bubbles. she does make the sounds when i take her out but other wise she looks and acts really healthy. I alos own a ball python. She doesnt really seem to make much noise at all, which is partly the reason my carpet pythons noises are a concern to me. although my ball python is quiet the happy snake, she usually doesnt even hiss, i may have heard her hiss once or twice but thats pretty much the only sound that has come out of her. she is a very healthy snake though.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yes some carpets do make a lot of noise, my recommendation would be to take it to a vet and send off some swabs for lab work. When I have labwork done its usually $80. If they do have something you will know exactly how to treat for it.

Thanks

Just got my CP on the 21st from the Long Island Reptile Show, and she hisses like crazy when being handled, and appears to get into strike position. shes about 2ft long, i think shes not used to being handled, but hopefully i can break the cycle without getting ripped apart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123