Is it just me, or are rat (/mice) breeders genetically immune to the smell of rats (/mice)? I pretty much live at my boyfriends house, and he lives with his parents. LOL, yes... 26 and still at home. Anyways, the topic is ODOR.
We dont keep very many rats, just enough to support a small rack of snakes. We have 2 males, and 6 girls. I didnt think it was that many, but apparently not.
I guess when you travel upstairs, the ODOR is so noxious, most passerbys almost faint. It just can't be healthy, with the door closed and all, at those RATS!! breeding, living, squeaking... EWW :shiver: [that coming as a loose interpretation of what his mother thinks]
We know she doesnt like rats, she thinks we have dozens. And of course they're gonna get out and live in the walls! :more shivers:

I gotta say... I don't smell it all that much. could be the fantasmal genetic disposition of rat breeder senses. lol

Maybe its because I AM in the room all the time. But even when I've been out, and come into the room, I smell [in order of "whooy"]: Rat food, aspen, Yankee candle [sun and beach, yum] and... snake.

I think snakes are by far stinkier than rats, when they pee. WHOOY take cover when they poo. lol

Anybody else have this problem of Mothers against Rats? [and their odors] Please, i cant be the only one.