I'm noticing a trend with my crickets. I buy about 30 at a time for my leopard gecko and something is not right. I keep them in a medium/large cricket keeper and feed them Flukers all in one food as well as the cricket food. They have the egg crate to crawl on and such but for some reason, they are dying off and fast. I just recently bought this bunch of crickets a few days ago. I keep them on the floor in my bathroom (because my cats would get to them otherwise) and they are mostly in the dark.

Its only been a few days and HALF of the crickets are dead and stinking up my bathroom. I'm wondering what could be the problem. I've never had this many die on me within a short period of time. My grandmother sometimes goes into my bathroom to clean and uses a bleach solution to clean. The fumes of this can be very strong sometimes, but she has not cleaned recently and there was at least a weeks span between her cleaning and getting the crickets, so I don't think its that. Could it be ants? I do have a small ant problem (see one or two every so often in the bathroom) but I don't think they are in masses that could kill off over a dozen crickets in a matter of days. I'm really confused and frustrated. Crickets are not cheap!