Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

2 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Talking Just got to measure her!!

This is an FYI

Last night, I happen to enter the bedroom to find Nagini cruising her cage...stretched out across the front. Seeing a great opportunity, I hastened to grab my ruler. (Didn't have time to grab the camera after, she moved too fast)

Supposedly she is about 2 months old. I measured her at roughly 18-20" long. Is this good?
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Re: Just got to measure her!!

Sounds about right.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Smile Re: Just got to measure her!!

Congratulations on the measure! Mine is around 3 months, and just went over 20" by a hair. I've had good luck using a tape measure for fabrics- I just start it by his tail, then work my way up, keeping in contact with his body.

What's yours eating now?
    1.0 Husband (Aaron)
    1.0 Normal (Milton)
    1.0 Puppy (Ollie)

Thanks

My girl is around 18 or 20 inches also. She's getting fed crawlers. In between fuzzies and hoppers. They've got they're eyes open.

She's around 2 months old.

Thanks

I'm glad to hear that she's right where she should be in size. She's currently eating hoppers with MUCH enthusiasm (except for this past Monday when she teased me by watching the thing for ten minutes before striking).

I had her out today and for the first time she really seemed to 'enjoy' handling. She crawled all over my hand and arm. Unfortunately, I got an unwanted present in the form of a single little black bug on her neck... those damn things just seem to materialize out of nowhere! So now it's off to the reptile store for some PAM...

Hmm, do you have to treat gecko tanks as well?? I'll go ahead and pre-treat the corn snake tank so I won't have to worry about them when I bring them home, but what about the Leo?

Thanks

3 months old huh? Eating hoppers? What does she weigh? Have you been able to do that?

I'm wondering if maybe I'm under feeding.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra
    I'm glad to hear that she's right where she should be in size. She's currently eating hoppers with MUCH enthusiasm (except for this past Monday when she teased me by watching the thing for ten minutes before striking).

I had her out today and for the first time she really seemed to 'enjoy' handling. She crawled all over my hand and arm. Unfortunately, I got an unwanted present in the form of a single little black bug on her neck... those damn things just seem to materialize out of nowhere! So now it's off to the reptile store for some PAM...

Hmm, do you have to treat gecko tanks as well?? I'll go ahead and pre-treat the corn snake tank so I won't have to worry about them when I bring them home, but what about the Leo?
    Hi,

I would recomend asking that question in the gecko section to get more answers but since it kills insects I would imagine there would be some issues at least with feeding and it's better to get good information on these things - is there a contact email on the can anywhere you can ask the manufacturers opinion?

Jamie had a really good article/post about pam recently as well so it might be worth searching for that.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime
    3 months old huh? Eating hoppers? What does she weigh? Have you been able to do that?

I'm wondering if maybe I'm under feeding.

I believe that you are. Hatchlings are able to take hopper mice as their first meal. If you're feeding fuzzy rats, you're probably fine, but fuzzy mice is not enough for your snake.

Try hopper mice or small adult mice. I started all of my babies whem I got them on hoppers or small adult mice.

I do remember when I got my first ball python being nervous with each increase in size, but he always did just fine. Just remember that with adult mice, they can't be left with your snake overnight, so be prepared to house them if not eaten in the first 30 minutes.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra
    Were you able to find Provent-A-Mite at the pet store? Not many carry it. I had to get mine online.

As for treating gecko enclosures - I don't. Your leo eats insects, PAM kills insects. And it lasts for a good 30 days with one treatment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Were you able to find Provent-A-Mite at the pet store? Not many carry it. I had to get mine online.
    Yep. The Scales N Tails where I got Nagini, and where I get her and the gecko's food, sells it.

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    As for treating gecko enclosures - I don't. Your leo eats insects, PAM kills insects. And it lasts for a good 30 days with one treatment.
    Umm...right. I guess I didn't think about that fact when I asked.
    I just hope mites don't get to him.

As for how much she weighs, I haven't gotten to find out yet but I'm looking into getting a nice scale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast