Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,127

2 members and 3,125 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

totally adicted already!!!

can you all show me what your leos & crested enclosures look like? can more than one be kept together? im leaning more towards leos but still up inthe air

thanks for inputs! i think weve got the bug

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: totally adicted already!!!

This is my leo tank.

and you can keep more than one female together but not males and females or all males.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Thats great, thanks!! do you use any heating elements? UTH/lamps/exc? How much do cresteds and leos typically go for? weve only ever had snakes so i have NO IDEA, not talking anything special (no morphs for now) just would like to get a cutie, maybe two for my sons room.. lucky little booger! is a 20gal too big? would it be better to use a divider to make the space smaller to not stress them out? we already have the big tank so unless we can get rid of it on craigslist, thats what we have to work with.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow loads of questions..
    I use a UTH, the lights are just for me to have a nice looking tank.
    You can get leos for between 50-100 dollars depending on the size.

I have kept my leo in a 29 gal long for 4 years with no problems.

Hope that helps.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Wow... really nice setup there.

Here's my boy's home:

I know there's a lot to be desired, but I'm getting a new digi thermometer soon and he goes crazy if I try any substrate other than the calci-sand. I'll be trying to move him onto newsprint or repticarpet and see if 'maturity' hasn't calmed him down about his substrate. He was a rescue, so he's really picky.

Oh yeah, forgot to say: he has a UTH and the lamp has a 40w purple night bulb so we can watch him do his nocturnal thing
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

You can find normal little cresties for around 40 bucks or so online. Check out Pangea Reptiles or Garrick from crestedgeckos.com. Mind you, you'll have to pay shipping, which pretty much doubles your price... but you know you're getting a healthy, happy gecko.

I don't have a pic of my crestie set-up. I put him in a ten gallon set up on it's end (so it's taller that it is long). They're arboreal, so they like the extra climbing space. Got a few suction cups and hungs some silk and plastic plants on the sides for him to hide in, plus some dowel rods to climb on. I personally use papertowel at the bottom (easy to clean), but you can use whatever you want---just make sure it's not small enough for them to swallow! These little guys can get impacted if they swallow their substrate, and die.

Crestie's don't need a heat source. As long as your temps stay about 65, that's fine (if it gets too low at night, you can put a red or blue light on a timer for them).

They also don't need a water bowl (though you can still put a small one in there... just nothing big enough for them to drown! They don't swim well). They get their water from dew and/or rain off the leaves... so spritzing them down a couple times a day works well.

I used to keep my little baby crestie's in a critter keeper (one of the little ones). The ten gallon was ust too big for them, unless you keep a couple together (again, females okay, and males are all right until they get to the breeding stage... then they need to be separated because they'll start bullying).

EDIT: There are also lots of good foods out for crestie's now... you don't have to mess with bugs, if you don't want!

Lol, I meant this to be short...

Thanks

Some cute little smiles:

This pic is too big:
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...2/000_0719.jpg