Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,348

2 members and 3,346 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Is it Shedding time.

Wow, yeah, you have gotten some awesome advice in this thread. If I were you, I would get that tape out of the feeding tank, and the UNDER TANK heater out of the tank.

Thanks

i was told by some ppl on forums as long as itso n a thermostat its fine. the surface of the uth dont go over 94 which is not hat enough to burn him. i have no other place to mount it outsid eth tank dont keep it warm enough in there
    i can try again and crank it up to 100 and see if it allow it to get over 90 . jsut cant do it now cuz he jsut ate ill wait till liek tuesday to move it .

Thanks

i have a spare 55 gallon tank with glass bottom but with the uth outside the glass gets too hot in one spot. i jsut done want him on direct heat and hes been on this one for 2 weeks now wiht now signs of burns at all. the thermostat works liek a dream. not trying ot say ur way is better but my buddy has a 6 ft cali king and i got my tank set up like his but hes got cocanut substrate and his uth is inside the tank and hes had the sanke for 8 years so im hearing so many diff stories that inside is bad and outside is bad and vis versa

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

A 6 foot cali king is not a baby ball python, comparing the two set-ups isn't practical.

It's been suggested to you many times to move that baby to a 10 gallon tank, and you've been very resistant to that.

Lots of good suggestions have been given to you, but you throw objections to every one of them. If you truly want help, you need to be open to actually considering making the changes suggested. Otherwise, I'm not really sure why you keep asking for advice that you're not going to take?

Thanks

see thats y im hesitant to ask for advice cuz my question still hastn been answered about the fabric. and i did put him in a tank thats 30 gallons 25 less thatn b4. i havent had problems wit it in the tank yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich0086
    see thats y im hesitant to ask for advice cuz my question still hastn been answered about the fabric. and i did put him in a tank thats 30 gallons 25 less thatn b4. i havent had problems wit it in the tank yet.

It has been answered.

whats a good material i can use to lay over the uth so if he urinates it odnt coem in contact with the mat.
    That sounds like a great way to get your snake electrocuted and cooked.
    Why? Fabric will not prevent water from coming in contact with the mat.

If I were you, I would get that tape out of the feeding tank, and the UNDER TANK heater out of the tank.
    In other words, no one recommends any fabric on any UTH that is INSIDE the enclosure. Everyone recommends that at UTH should be under a tank, not in it. Since your enclosure won't accomodate it UNDER the tank, you need to get another enclosure.

Thanks

i got another 55 gallon tank comin monday i beleive but dont the uths get the glass to hot and he can still burn him self. cuz inorder for the substrate to read 91 it have to thrun the thermostat up.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Would it be possible to use a thinner layer of substrate?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

yea i will thin it out im useing aspen chips. but if he touches the glass will it hurt him i kno glass gets hot when in direct contact with heat. if so should i lay a layer of fabric down across whole tank jsut so hes on the fabric and not the glass. itll help some which will put me at ease.

Thanks

I know for the short time I was using a tank enclosure, I had the UTH heater under the tank just like everyone here has suggested it. I put the thermostat directly on the pad, and that was regulated fine. I also had a digital thermometer on the INSIDE of the tank as well to measure the temperature inside.

Just a suggestion.

From what I know, glass absorbs heat, but does not "build up" or amplify the heat like something such as metal would do. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. The glass surface will only go as high as the thermostat allows it to. You should be more glad he is eatting for you with being in such a big tank, and all that moving... and that tape :eek: I wouldn't be suprised if he misses his next feeding from what I've experienced personally so far. BP's have such sensitive feelings
    Hi, I'm Tony
    1.1 Lemon Pastel - Timber, Lime
    0.1 Spider - Charlotte

Long term projects
    Baby Bees, Ivories, Super Pastels & Pewters

www.myspace.com/bumbabee

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast