Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,116

2 members and 3,114 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Is it Shedding time.

i just fed rex 2nd time today and i noticed his eyes were cloudy like white. and his skin looks dull.the top picture is form last firday <br>
    the bottom picture is from today

Thanks

Re: Is it Shedding time.

Yep, looks like its time to shed. My ball just finished last night. Don't get worried if it tends to stay in the hide more often or gets kinda shy. That blueish white that you see is fluid inbetween the new skin and the old dead skin (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which reduces the snakes visibality and could cause it to become shy. Its nothing to worry about. Just make sure the snake has plenty of clean water to drink as some snakes tend to get dehydrated durring shed.

Hope that helps and good luck,
    Austin

Thanks

im used to not seeing him cuz he never coems out of his hide. hes got a cave that has a heat mat under it and 4 incehs of the cave doenst have a heat mat so he can thermoregulate all in one place. its sweet how the mat worked out i been misting the cool side to keep up the humidity. and its workin. cant wait home i can see it in gear

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

On a side point it would be a really good idea to remove that tape from anywhere he could come into direct contact with it. It's easier to remove these things before they become a problem than try to seperate it from your snake without skinning him in the process after the accident has happened.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

the tape is only on the side he feeds on thats it. thats his feeding side of the tank thast seperate from the living quaters.

Thanks

since i have a wood bottom in the viv i have my uth insdie the tank connected to a thermostat that shuts off at 95 and kicks on at 89. whats a good material i can use to lay over the uth so if he urinates it odnt coem in contact with the mat. water bowl is 8-10 inches away form heat mat so and i beleive he cant get under to tip it i was leanign towards a velvet type and put it over the mat. i went to a wooden bottom cuz it disperses heat better unlike glass heatin up one spot to where its too hot to touch.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich0086
    the tape is only on the side he feeds on thats it. thats his feeding side of the tank thast seperate from the living quaters.
    Hi,

Yeah I figured that wasn't his normal tank - but that tape is lifting already and he's lying on it. All he has to do is roll over the top corner the wrong way while constricting and you will be in all sorts of trouble.

Just trying to anticipate problems before they become horrific accidents for ya.

Isn't the heat mat sealed in plastic? The ones we have over here are laminated basically.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

i have the zoo med 50-60 gallon UTH heres a link to the picture of it http://z.about.com/d/exoticpets/1/0/...tiThermUTH.jpg. the manual on this says nothin about not mounting inside
    just says do not mount in a way that the glass would get wet cause stress cracks may occour. sayign nothing about water damaging the mat. and it does seem to have a thin plastic over it. i figures a thin fabric over it will help if he decides to lay on the mat to stop direct contact and water jsut in case.

Thanks

That sounds like a great way to get your snake electrocuted and cooked.

They are called UNDER tank heaters for a reason.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

yes i kno but when it was under the tank it didnt go voer 83 dagrees
    When it was o nthe glass it was too hot in one spot. thats y i was askin for a type of fabric to lay voer it that can repell liquids and stop direct contact. hes been on the mat 2 straight weeks and hes been fine. no pink coloring on his underside. and i check to make sure the thermostat is woring right and the uth is jsut warm to keep the surface at 92.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast