Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,422

3 members and 3,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Quick questions

Thanks

Quick questions

how long after feeding should i wait to hold my baby Ball. also since i put in the new cave hide hes stays in there all day and night. the hide is on the warm side. will being on the warm side all the time be harmful or no. right now its okay since he jsut ate yesturday. help him digest

Thanks

Re: Quick questions

after eating i would say 3-4 days depending on size of snake and food

!| ~ JP ~ |!
    Snakes:
    1.0 Normal Ball Python: Samuel L. Jackson
    1.0 Pastel Red-Tail Boa: Twitch

Thanks

thats what i thouhgt it was a large fuzzie.. now bout the staying in his hide all the time. will he eventually feel safe to coem out. b4 i put that in he was allover the tank climbing. now he dont sine its in there. unless its cuz he ate and feels full.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich0086
    thats what i thouhgt it was a large fuzzie.. now bout the staying in his hide all the time. will he eventually feel safe to coem out. b4 i put that in he was allover the tank climbing. now he dont sine its in there. unless its cuz he ate and feels full.
    BP's feel safest in burrows and hides. He'll probably spend 90% of the time in there, so that's to be expected. What concerns me it what you're described is choosing security over thermoregulation, since I recall you saying you've got different hides on each side of the tank. You NEED to get a matching hide for the cool side so your buddy will feel safe going over there.

Thanks

he was probably only out exploring because he was stressed and trying to escape. once they settle down they are usually in the hides all day and may come out alittle at night.

48 hours is plenty of time to give the little guy after eating. i would keep handling down to about 15 mins or until he starts trying to get away, that means he is getting stressed. after a few days of short handling sessions you can bump it up to long as long as the lil guy handles it ok
    -Kevin

Thanks

yea i ordered the smae hide ownt be in till tuesday. they ony had on in stock so thats y i only have one right now. once i get the other one ill be tkain out the log on the cool side so when he does come out hell see it on the othe side and go over there. since this was my first feeding how long should i wait to hold him. i dont wanan stress him out at all i want him to feel at hom as much as possible. but does seem right how he isnt out that much. when i first got hime he was all over the tank climbing but now its to a minimum. and when im homw i never see him come out. might set up the webcam on him to get him in action while im at work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich0086
    yea i ordered the smae hide ownt be in till tuesday. they ony had on in stock so thats y i only have one right now. once i get the other one ill be tkain out the log on the cool side so when he does come out hell see it on the othe side and go over there. since this was my first feeding how long should i wait to hold him. i dont wanan stress him out at all i want him to feel at hom as much as possible. but does seem right how he isnt out that much. when i first got hime he was all over the tank climbing but now its to a minimum. and when im homw i never see him come out. might set up the webcam on him to get him in action while im at work.
    As has been said, the more comfortable they are the LESS you will see them. He was active before because he was looking for security or a means of escape.

Have you got something covering the glass on the back/sides? Go get some black construction paper or something to cover them up. That'll help some...

Thanks

if you want you can place two hides on both sides. i had a female that only came out of her hide to eat, and other than that i never saw her, some snakes are just like that
    -Maple

1.1 ball python
    0.1 shepard mix
    1.0 rabbit
    1.0 hamster
    0.0.3 horned frog

Thanks

yea right now i got aluminum foil on the back side and one side to keep sun form gettin in. ill vocer the sides up and re do the aluminum foil.