Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,145

0 members and 3,145 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Need info on Anole please

My niece in New York just bought a tank and an Anole from the pet store at the local mall. They send her home with a bag of crickets as big as the little guy. Get this the girl told her she could keep the crickets in the plastic bag and the would live for a week! Anyways I have already looked for a caresheet and did not see one. Could someone please list care and feeding info that I could pass on to her. Thank you
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy

Thanks

Re: Need info on Anole please

I kept a pair or trio of anoles waaaaayyyyy back wow probably the first lizard I ever kept! I think I had a small 10ish gallon aquarium live planted and used a basking lamp for heat. Way before I learned all of the ways heating could be provided, but I do still think a basking spot is good to have. I remember feeding mine crickets, meal worms, and wax worms. Wax worms can be found at most bait and tackle shops and are usually used for ice fishing. I remember not being able to find much else near me where I could get food so I resorted to the bait shop. The wax worms do not have a hard exoskeleton and if the crickets she got are to large have her look for those or smaller meal worms. Definitely do not suggest she keep the crickets in plastic for long, they can and will chew their way out!

I am trying to remember more precise things like temps but I don't want to give the wrong numbers.
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

Thanks

Here, check this website out:

http://www.kingsnake.com/anolecare/faq.htm

Lots, and lots, and lots of info on anoles!

Thanks

Thank you soooo very much I am passing the site on to my sister to give to my niece
    -Lisa
    1.0.0 bp Zeke, 2.0.0 chihuahuas- Paco and Peanut, 2.0.0 cresties Chomper and Harley, 0.2.0 rat Snow and Baby 0.2.0 cats-Billie and Bell, 0.1.0 rose tarantula-Rosie,0.1.0 Leopard Gecko-Pebbles, RIP Speedy