Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,319

2 members and 3,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

New With Rack Questions

I eventually wandered in here from KS, and this place seems to suite me better. I'm Mike from NJ, btw.

Without boring you with my life story, suffice it to say that I've recently made the conscious decision to indulge in my passion for ball pythons. I got my first ball about 6 months ago. She's a chubby normal female courtesy of Joe Compel Reptiles. At the White Plains expo this past Sunday, I purchased my first male...a small juvenile male. See where this is heading yet?

One snake was a thrill, two was a pleasure, three, four, ten? WHo knows where I'll end up. I do know that I'm going to be adding to the stable slowly from here on out. Rather than have all the snakes scattered throughout my house in glass aquariums, I think it'll be wise to invest in a rack.

I've been doing research to determine what rack would best suite me as far as price and durability. RBI seems to have a rock solid package at a great price, so I've pretty much made up my mind. I'm curious to see what people think about their 4x32qt rack with belly heat? I plan on purchasing their divider kit to split at least 1 tub in half for juveniles, saving the full tubs for subadults. I will be purchasing a Ranco thermo as well.

Anyone care to offer their opinions on this particular model rack? Good and bad would all help!

Thanks guys

Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: New With Rack Questions

I will be buying one or two soon. I currently have a Herp Enclosures rack from his Elite line with the tub dividers, which is a little bit higher quality PVC (compressed, rather than expanded) but you do pay a little more.

I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on the Reptile Basics' rack, and Rich is a great guy to work with too!

Oh, and welcome to the site. Looks like you registered a year ago, so we're glad you've decided to make yourself comfy here!

Thanks

Welcome to BPNet, Mike. We have the 8 tub 15 qt rack from Reptile Basics and we couldn't be more pleased. Easy as pie to maintain heat and humidity in, the tubs slide easily, the pins in front of each tub are a nice touch and I love that he uses Iris tubs (my personal favorite tub manufacturer). A perfect small tub rack setup for the younger ball pythons. We'll definitely be looking to buy more racks from Rich down the road.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I have two racks from rbi and they are the bomb. Also whenever you have a ? or problem, Rich will always answer emails or phone calls, he's awesome.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies! I actually did register about a year ago while I was researching but never got around to posting. Looks like that's changed!

I guess my major concern is the size of the rack. Are the 32qt tubs large enough to house most snakes? I realize that maybe very large females might present a problem, but I'll deal with that when it comes ya know?

When eggs start coming, I'm assuming a shoebox rack is the way to go?

Thanks

Generally, my understanding is that for anything less than about 4 feet a 32qt tub is sufficient. For females larger than that you may need to move up to the longer tubs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Glory
    Thanks for the replies! I actually did register about a year ago while I was researching but never got around to posting. Looks like that's changed!

I guess my major concern is the size of the rack. Are the 32qt tubs large enough to house most snakes? I realize that maybe very large females might present a problem, but I'll deal with that when it comes ya know?

When eggs start coming, I'm assuming a shoebox rack is the way to go?
    32qt tubs are good for all but the largest of Ball Pythons. I use and love the RBI racks! Rich is a great guy and has awesome customer service. I use the shoebox, sweaterbox and cb70s from him.

EDIT: By the way, Welcome!

Thanks

Here are some of the RBI racks I have...

Thanks

Okay who cares about the racks! Where'd you get that amazingly red bucket Jamie?????? Enquiring minds must know!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Glory
    I eventually wandered in here from KS, and this place seems to suite me better. I'm Mike from NJ, btw.
    Me too .... and welcome!!!!

Don't have any RBI racks, but have heard great things about them. Rich is nice to deal with and those 32 qt dividers are awesome. I think you would be pleased with the quality and service you get.

Neil
    Bunch of BP's
    0.1 3 Toed Box Turtles (Thunderball)
    2.1 Labradoodles (Duke, Vinnie, Sophie)
    0.1 Awsome Wife - 1.2 Awesome Kids

www.sunsetpythons.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast