Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,323

4 members and 3,319 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Beginner

Thanks

Smile Beginner

Hi .. I know this may sound like a dumb ? ,,, But do python pee? I heard they dont they do white chulky sustance.. I recentlly got a ball python and i was cleaning out his tank when i went to take him out of his cage to put him back in his tank i noticed he pee'd.. was about 1 tablespoon of yellow/greenish liquid ,, Wanted to make sure . dont want to think its normal and he might be sick ,,,,,,, Thanx

Thanks

Re: Beginner

You'll see three things: fecces, which I'm sure you'll make out just fine; and urates in both solid and liquid form. Solid urates are usually white, but sometimes you see some greens. You'll know it when you see it.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

it's better to ask and be sure! you wouldn't believe all the dumb questions i've asked on here! lol
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Snakes have this amazing ability to almost "recycle" their urinary waste product before they expel it. When they do this and draw every last drop of usuable liquid out of that urine (it's not really recycling I just can't think of the proper term at the moment), what is left is that blob of white stuff...the urate. This is nature's way of helping snakes stay hydrated even when the only liquid they are taking in is coming from the prey animal. When the snake has access to regular, good quality prey and also a nice full water bowl like our snake's in captivity have, then they are never short of liquid so will pass urates and liquid urine. Snakes in the wild pass urine too of course when water supplies are available to them but nature has designed this wonderful back up plan for them just in case it is not.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Smile Re: Beginner

Thanx again for answering my ? You guys are the best , put me to rest and now I can enjoy my new freind ,,,I also have another ? When I bought him I got him at some pet store that didnt take proper feeding care , And fed him live prey which I didnt know until I tryed feeding him frozen then thawed and called the pet store back and they told me they fed him live prey well I was pissed and upset that they lied to me , But I dont want to get rid of him and want to make sure he has a good life now , How can I switch him over feeding him a fuzzy that has been frozen then thawed ,I know feeding him live prey puts him at risk for getting damaged and maybe hurt I dont want to put him thru that ,,, Thanx Again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python.princess
    it's better to ask and be sure! you wouldn't believe all the dumb questions i've asked on here! lol
    most of them come from me
    1 norm BP - monty - Male.

g0 BpS

Thanks

to add.. there so nothing wrong with feeding live pray as long as it is done safely and responislbly.
    1 norm BP - monty - Male.

g0 BpS

Thanks

I have had my BP for seven years and in that time he has peed on me only once so I have first hand knowledge that they do pee. I dont know if it was yellow though because he peed on my jeans.

Thanks

Smile Re: Beginner

Thanx..for anwering my ? I know theres nothing wrong with feeding live prey if you know what you are doing but I have never fed live prey I am new to BP .I also have a cornsnake who I feed pinkys to once a week but they are frozen then thawed and he eats well , But I am new to the live ones , So was wondering can you change them from live to frozen? If not how is it done to feed them live .. Thanx Again ... Boy I got alot of learning to do and reading these forums I have learned alot on here , Thanx again you guys your the best ,,,