Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,691

0 members and 2,691 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
    Thanks

First regurge???

Okay, so I wake up at 6 am, WTF???? Whats that smell? Okay I am still gagging... Anyway, he must have regurged some time yesterday. I fed him Sunday, refilled his water, checked on him Monday morning he was find. So sometime within 24 hours he left me a present that I don't think the devil would give as a gift to his right hand man.

Anyway, is this something to be alarmed about? This is the first time he has ever done this. He has been eating fine, not dehydrated, his temps in his tub are
    92 warm side
    83 cool side
    Humidity is 55%

Should I give him a week or two weeks before offering food again?
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

Re: First regurge???

Give him 2-2.5 weeks to rest and rebuild his gut flora. When you feed him again, go for a very small meal and only one prey item. I would also get a fecal sample to the vet so you can possible find out the cause for the regurgitation. Snakes don't just regurgitate unless something was wrong.

What did he eat last? Was it too big, an improperly thawed rodent? Do you feed him in his enclosure or a separate container?
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Also make sure you give him a good wash and the tub. Acid from the stomach that is on the substrate can and has killed snakes. Change the substrate and wash everything.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I have been feeding him very small, small rats. F/t, I stick them in the fridge early to thaw them then warm them up with warm water, not hot water. I always make sure they are completely thawed.

He has been going on feeding strikes his whole life so I switched him to a tub, he has been eating since for about 10 weeks now, with the exception of once while he was in shed. So I have been sticking to the really small rats, I didn't want to over do it. I would rather be on the small side than have something to big.

I feed him in his tub, I usually lay the rat down in the tub and come back about a half hour later and its gone.

I will definately get a fecal in to make sure. He has always been healthy, never any parasites, nothing, in almost 4 years. I am just baffled as to why he would do this.
    Kristina Rogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    Also make sure you give him a good wash and the tub. Acid from the stomach that is on the substrate can and has killed snakes. Change the substrate and wash everything.

Already did, thats what I spent my morning doing. I removed everything and cleaned it and replaced substrate. He wasn't too happy with being washed either.
    Kristina Rogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well rather her be unhappy for a while than to have to deal with chemical burns.

Good job
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

i gave my snake a bath about a month ago due to a bad shed, it was helarious, he was having a blast! after that now he'll go for a periodic swin in his water dish, more like a " swim through" but he still likes water, is that abnormal for a ball?

Thanks

Kristy since you feed f/t did you notice anything different with this specific one? Did it look different or smell funny/stronger than you are normally used to with freshly thawed mice? When you put this mouse in the freezer was in it a package that was still solidly frozen or in a thawed condition?
    ~~Joanna~~