Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,154

0 members and 3,154 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Daddy Wholesale

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound
    He said that the site was owned by "another breeder" not a giant money-hungry breeder, or anything else negative.
    The issue wasn't that anyone was being insulted, but the fact that it's flat-out wrong to say that a "breeder in this industry" (meaning someone that breeds ball pythons on a large scale and makes a profit by selling them) owns this site, when the truth of the matter is completely different. If Allen (or anyone else) wants to insist that anyone who speaks about them get their facts right...then I would expect them to do the same for those they speak about.

I'd like to know what's so insulting about that comment, when the rest was complimentary?
    And for the record, like many others, when I first joined, I assumed that Adam Wydoski owned the site, only because he's on here a lot, his ad was up top, and I saw his posts and pictures. Once I was here a while, I realized different, but I've also seen other people come on and refer to this site as "Adam's site" and such. It's not a huge insult.
    I never said anything was insulting. He complimented the site...and I do appreciate that. However...if someone is going to toss out compliments, it kind of sucks if they give credit to the wrong party....dont'cha think?
    -- Judy

Thanks

A while back....I purchased a "creamsicle" corn snake from ALLEN.
    - It didn't eat on its own.

I asked him if a group of young boas were BCI or BCC.
    - ALLEN - "What is that?"
    Boa Constrictor Imperator or Boa Constrictor Constrictor ?
    - ALLEN - "I have no idea"

..........................100% personal experience. ..............................................................
    Co-owner of a reptile store

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

This site is not run or owned by a breeder, however respectable breeders give back to this community by offering their advice, which everyone is grateful for.

How about you, how do you dive back to the herp community?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy
    Now I know that this site is owned and ran by another breeder in this industry, but I must give credit where it is due. Great job as a site. Also great job as contributors asking the right questions and really looking for the facts. I wish all of you great success in the reptile industry.
    Allen Belcher
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

He said that the site was owned by "another breeder" not a giant money-hungry breeder, or anything else negative. I'd like to know what's so insulting about that comment, when the rest was complimentary?
    It is the implication.

Implicating that things on this site are controled by the what 'another breeder' dictates and that people are attacked by the 'owners of the site' because 'another breeder' says so.

It is just a cowardly way of doing things and gets no respect from me. If he has issues with something, he should just come out and say it.....but I guess that is too much to ask from some people.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

He said that the site was owned by "another breeder" not a giant money-hungry breeder, or anything else negative. I'd like to know what's so insulting about that comment, when the rest was complimentary?
    And for the record, like many others, when I first joined, I assumed that Adam Wydoski owned the site, only because he's on here a lot, his ad was up top, and I saw his posts and pictures. Once I was here a while, I realized different, but I've also seen other people come on and refer to this site as "Adam's site" and such.
    I can see where people could get this impression but just because Adam helps out and advertises here means he does what we intended for people to do. Help fellow herpers and if they choose advertise. People see Adam posting and forget that Ralph's banner is also up top as is Rich's, Joe had a banner at one time too and now Jamie does. Adam and Jamie are merely breeders that really enjoy this site and the people. I really wish some of the other breeders that advertise here would be half as active.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

I appoligize for the comment. Some of you are trying to read between the lines way to hard. There was nothing meant or implied by the comment. It was a compliment. Not an insult. I was not refering to any particular breeder, but simply trying to convey a bit of graditude towards the right people over this sight. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. It was just a compliment. That's all!!!
    Allen Belcher

Thanks

Now I know that this site is owned and ran by another breeder in this industry, but I must give credit where it is due.
    I was not refering to any particular breeder, but simply trying to convey a bit of graditude towards the right people over this sight.
    oh...so thats what you were trying to say.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

See the problem here is that you people admittedly don't know me. You don't know whether or not my facilities are clean! You don't know whether I breed or buy animals! You don't know why, how or for what reason I am in this business! You don't know alot!!!
    So here's a small list of people who do know these answers. How about take half as much time as you waste posting on me and gossiping about me when really you don't even know me and use it constructively.
    Neil Golli
    Michael Cole
    Josh Baer
    Shawn Baer
    Terry Herring
    Dean Murphy
    This should give you a starting point. All of these people have been to my facilities. Some were announced and some weren't.
    SEE IF THE TRUTH IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE REALLY WANT, WHY DON'T YOU ASK SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS?
    But if the truth from (respectable breeders) as one person called Neil Golli, who has seen with his own eyes is not what you really want. Then just continue to post and gossip about what your friends grandmothers nextdoor nieghbors stepsons bestfriends brotheri-in-laws co-worker said.
    Allen Belcher
    Allen I agree people shouldn't speak about things to which they have no first hand knowledge. However I have many friends some on this site some not that are true names in the biz their names will stay out of this unless they feel the need to comment. I think its low that you would have to name drop a list of people that would defend you. Yes I could pick up the phone and call every name on your list and they would all give me great rave reviews of you. And thats wonderful but what if I pick up the phone and call 10 names not on your list would they give the same review. The thing is that the things that are "rumored" about Big Daddy might be true then again they might not. I as a potential customer have to make a decision based on what I hear. Making a mistake of bringing in an IBD infected or mis treated animal is not a risk I can run. Please understand that my option of Big Daddy's business practices is based on word of mouth marketing.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Freakie frog
    The list I gave are people who have been to my facilities first hand. Those are the names I offered you. But I tell you about another brain storm I had. I am going to post some adds on Kingsnake about two weeks prior to Daytona and in those adds I am going to open my facilities up to the breeders and some customers to stop in and have a look for themselves on the way to Daytona. This should clear a few things up. If you are headed to Daytona and would like to stop in, You are more than welcome.
    Allen

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Freakie frog
    The list I gave are people who have been to my facilities first hand. Those are the names I offered you. But I tell you about another brain storm I had. I am going to post some adds on Kingsnake about two weeks prior to Daytona and in those adds I am going to open my facilities up to the breeders and some customers to stop in and have a look for themselves on the way to Daytona. This should clear a few things up. If you are headed to Daytona and would like to stop in, You are more than welcome.
    Allen
    Allen I would love to stop by. I had rather make my decisions based on my first hand experiances. If I make it to Daytona this year I will 100% take you up on that my friend.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast