Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,330

3 members and 3,327 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Daddy Wholesale

Quote Originally Posted by joyful girl
    Honestly if I were in the same situation I would have done the same thing. They may need to work on customer service in other situations that I am unaware of but speaking of the situation you and Allen described I don't think what he did was wrong.

I can't imagine anyone willing to take back a starved snake and replace it with a healthy one that would most likely face the same treatment.

Again, I'm only speaking of this situation.
    I agree. I don't see how Allen could or should have done anything differently in this situation, as it was described.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    I agree. I don't see how Allen could or should have done anything differently in this situation, as it was described.
    If it occurred as it was described. Benefit of the doubt goes to those that have earned it. From everything that has been said about Allen from multiple sources, I am not sure that he has earned it. But maybe he has cleaned up his act and is keeping his animals in good conditions now. I don't know. The proof is in the pudding as always.

Thanks

well fellas its like this:
    why start a bashing thread like this one has turned to!
    if you dont like something you heard about allen then dont buy from him.
    perhaps this will get sorted out or not but i dont think it will.
    if any of this is true i hope the situations were taken care of.
    im sure everyone of us has done something that probally wasnt the best for one or more of our own animals accidently before having the correct knowledge to avoid causing harm.
    and as for the breeding to make money. i dont think anyone breeds just because they have nothing better to do!

on another note:
    i did make a purchase this year from allen before reading this bash. sometimes things happen that you cant control like the issue with the lesser i got from allen and he was handled it very well especially when the ups idiots put her in a cooler!(insert major rant here) ill tell you what the little gal is doing great and is a pretty good feeder, but like every animal you should quarantine them(the longer the better)! really in all actuality i dont trust anyone period, but in dealings online you basically have to put yourself out on a limb and hope for the best.

bill

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Thanks guys and thanks for the calls and emails from some of you as well. I appreciate the kind words from you guys who are actually customers and can speak of the facts and not hearsay. I have to admit that this kind of forum with both positive and negative feedback and questions to arrive at the facts and truth is what having a forum should be about in the beginning. Now I know that this site is owned and ran by another breeder in this industry, but I must give credit where it is due. Great job as a site. Also great job as contributors asking the right questions and really looking for the facts. I wish all of you great success in the reptile industry.
    Allen Belcher

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy
    Now I know that this site is owned and ran by another breeder in this industry.....
    Really? First I've heard of it.

It comes as a complete surprise to me I must say.:eek: Does this mean we will start getting paid?

Quick gimmie his name while I forge these timesheets.

dr del
    Last edited by dr del; 07-17-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: fixing syntax
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Now I know that this site is owned and ran by another breeder in this industry
    Really? Matt is too busy to be breeding reptiles at the time.....but you don't really know Matt do you?

...I figure that you are just grasping for straws in order to reply with something negative in return for having people repeat what is already public information about the way that you care for animals??

Don't beat around the bush....come out and say what you actually think instead of hinting around it....or are you just too cowardly to do so??

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys and thanks for the calls and emails from some of you as well. I appreciate the kind words from you guys who are actually customers and can speak of the facts and not hearsay. I have to admit that this kind of forum with both positive and negative feedback and questions to arrive at the facts and truth is what having a forum should be about in the beginning. Now I know that this site is owned and ran by another breeder in this industry, but I must give credit where it is due. Great job as a site. Also great job as contributors asking the right questions and really looking for the facts. I wish all of you great success in the reptile industry.
    Allen Belcher
    As one who preaches about getting facts before jumping to conclusions, I'm sure you'll appreciate learning the truth about the ownership of BP.net.

The owners are the admin team. Matt (Smulkin) who has a lot of snakes but does not sell any and who is currently on sabatical from the site. Myself, who has a couple of snakes and might actually breed and sell some someday. Raj (Iceman25) who has one snake. Robin (rabernet) who has several snakes and occasionally sells one but has not yet bred any. And Emily (mlededee) who mostly breeds geckos and sells some of those. We are the people who own this site and who run it and make the decisions about what goes on around here.

If you hear anything differently....then someone is telling stories.....just like you fear others are doing about you.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

From what I understand this site is not owned by any big breeder but there is loyality to those who have given countless hours of help, advice and concern for animals and their owners, most of whom they have never met or may never meet.

This genuine concern for these beautiful animals has given them an excellent reputation among this community that many of us(including myself) would like to have as well one day. I am not a fan of negativity or bashing but when I plan on spending thousands of $ on an animal I can only go by what I research and make the my desicion based on that. Someone asked for info and they were given some damaging threads that have been posted in the past. The photos and comments were far from flattering and therefore opinions are based on that.

Like someone said earlier when purchasing online one takes a great risk so we can only go by what we learn online as well. If this info is not true my question would be why would someone go through the trouble of taking pictures and stated such damaging information? Personal vendetta? When I first started collecting BP morphs I was burned by the low price(not Big Daddy) and did not get what was advertised. I share my experience so hopefully that won't happen to anyone else. I don't know Allen and cannot say anything about him other than what I read in threads I was directed to.

Through out the years I have met and communicated with many people that have earned my trust and that is more important than any bargain. Sure we all want the best price, but for me, only from someone that has earned my confidence. That is what I would recomend to anyone who is thinking of buying an animal and adding them to there collection, one bad apple can hurt alot of animals. Everyone makes mistakes but it is what we do after them that shows our true character. It is unfortunate that Allen has to answer to all these threads and accusations but we are only spectators and can only go by what we see and hear. All Allen can do is try to clear it up and show that he is a resposible member of the herp world. Balls in his court. Best of luck in all you do.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

He said that the site was owned by "another breeder" not a giant money-hungry breeder, or anything else negative. I'd like to know what's so insulting about that comment, when the rest was complimentary?
    And for the record, like many others, when I first joined, I assumed that Adam Wydoski owned the site, only because he's on here a lot, his ad was up top, and I saw his posts and pictures. Once I was here a while, I realized different, but I've also seen other people come on and refer to this site as "Adam's site" and such. It's not a huge insult.
    It's interesting to me to see who the owners are, good people who answer questions with patience, and he's right that it's a great site where people ask questions and take positive and negative alike.
    Big Daddy Wholesale has some bad rep from unsatified customers. That means a lot of folks won't buy from him. But at the same time, you have to be sure that you use facts only. The thing at the show points to the problems inherant in assumptions. If most places were presented with a starved snake bought a year ago, by an insistant non-customer who wanted ANOTHER animal in trade, do you seriously think they would exchange it? When told they needed to refund the money, do you think they would have refunded it? There was an arguement and then it was taken care of.
    I hope that Allen Belcher has a clean well-run facility. Will *I* buy from him? I'm not planning to, I'd be cautious. If he continues to have customers popping up who vouch for him, his animals and his customer service, then I might change my mind. Shrug.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound
    Adam Wydoski.
    I'm not sure who this Wydoski fellow is....but I hear this breeder named Adam Wysocki is a pretty good guy...he doesn't own the site either. Just a guy who breeds some fancy snakes.
    Jason

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast