Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,998

1 members and 1,997 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big Daddy Wholesale

Quote Originally Posted by jkobylka
    I just want to say that I have not dealt directly with big daddys and I don't feel that my quote was fair to them. before you buy from them or anyone do your homework... these threads would be better served if only ppl who had direct experience with the vendor replied with thier opinion.

I always recommend that someone buy from a vendor that has a small collection that they are completely devoted to the care of each animal on an individual basis... but this has nothing to do with big daddy's in particular.

Justin
    I think it's really funny how you changed your tune there.
    Thanks,
    Daniel Allison

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ConstrAddiction
    Right.............. Well I was going to stay out of this one BUT..... I will say this I have dealt with Allen on many accounts and Allen will bend over backwards to help anyone and everyone that he can. Whether you spend $40 or $5,000. I have seen him spend alot time talking to people about how to keep and care for his animals. I personally don't think these accusations are true. I have known Allen for a number of years and although "these handful of people" seem to know Allen so well when all reality they really don't know squat about him. All the stuff about the insurance claims and all that's a load of crap. I can vouch that if you buy an animal from Allen if you have a problem with it call him he will do everything he can to make it right. Remember, we are dealing with animals we can't x-ray them or talk to them and see if they are feeling ok, sometimes things go wrong but if they do Allen will take care of you. I'm telling you Allen is a stand up guy. This debate can go on for 5 forums and 95 pages . Everyone has there own opinion. I just know him and I don't think alot of the things that are being said about him isn't fair and are un-true . Allen does care the best he can for all his animals and he would never sell a animal that he thought wasn't a 100% healthy. I think people are just getting carried away. I really don't think all deserves all this from all of you because I don't think any of you really know him. If you run from his table or you have never talked to him how do you know him? Well anyways if you guys wanna bash me too cause you think I am standing up for him go ahead I don't care. But for anyone who was thinking about buying from Allen .. just give him a call and you decide for yourself. Don't go by hear-say.
    If it looks lik poop and smells like poop, guess what it probably is?

Since this isn't the BOI, I'll just repost these links from earlier in the thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...daddy+wholesale

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...daddy+wholesale

I guess everyone is a liar and Allen is a standup guy. Yeah, that's it..

Thanks

Do you personally know Allen?

Have you ever bought anything from Allen?

Have you ever even spoke to Allen?

or are you just going on hear say?

or b/c he has better prices than you?

Maybe cause he comes to your show and out sells you?

I dunno why you just hate the guy?

B/c some people said some things?

Did Allen try to make it right? Do you know the whole story?

or maybe it's cause you got a knifty little badge on your website from fauna for being a "Good Guy" and he is on the BOI ?

Does a "Good Guy" judge a book by it's cover? Cause I doubt very seriously you know him.

Does a "Good guy" bash people on other forums? Has he ever personally done anything to you ?

What's up why don't you just tell all of us why you have such a problem with Allen so we all can figure this out?
    Thanks,
    Daniel Allison

Thanks

Well, I read the Fauna threads pretty closely, and as a result of them I have zero intention of purchasing anything from Big Daddy's, ever. I'm no big-timer, I have no status over on Fauna...but I do check out who I buy from pretty darn closely.

And thanks to this thread here, I now have another person I know I'll never buy from. Aren't these threads enlightening? :-)
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Do you personally know Allen?

Have you ever bought anything from Allen?

Have you ever even spoke to Allen?

or are you just going on hear say?

or b/c he has better prices than you?

Maybe cause he comes to your show and out sells you?

I dunno why you just hate the guy?

B/c some people said some things?

Did Allen try to make it right? Do you know the whole story?

or maybe it's cause you got a knifty little badge on your website from fauna for being a "Good Guy" and he is on the BOI ?

Does a "Good Guy" judge a book by it's cover? Cause I doubt very seriously you know him.

Does a "Good guy" bash people on other forums? Has he ever personally done anything to you ?

What's up why don't you just tell all of us why you have such a problem with Allen so we all can figure this out?
    I don't know Allen, have never met Allen, have never purchased from Allen and again, would never do so. I don't care about his prices or what he does at shows. I don't hate Allen because it takes far too much energy to hate and I don't care enough to waste my energy. What I know is that he has a reputation for having a dirty facility, selling sick animals and caring more about the dollars than about the animals. This doesn't come from hearsay but rather from some quality people in the reptile industry that have confirmed it to be true. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

Now, I should probably ask you, as a young guy just getting started in the reptile industry, with ambitions of putting together a business and making a reputation for yourself, do you think that taking up a cause like Big Daddy's is the best way to go about that? You could have said that you don't believe what was said about him and ended it there. However, you have chosen to take up the fight for him (and does a guy who calls himself Big Daddy really need someone to do that?). In doing that it can only succeed to hurt your reputation.

*The above post is my opinion and should not be taken as anything but. Just one of the great rights afforded to us as Americans. Thank you to our troops for fighting for our rights to continue to say what we feel, even when others disagree! *

Thanks

We aren't judging Allen on a personal scale, like I haven't seen anyone say "He's a fat ugly sack of crap who lives in his mother's basement." He could be the most wonderful guy in the world who pukes pure giggles in sunshine, but that doesn't mean I would buy animals from him. We're just observing how he conducts business, and from the looks of it, it sure ain't good!

Ok, I'm off my

Thanks

But for anyone who was thinking about buying from Allen .. just give him a call and you decide for yourself. Don't go by hear-say.
    Yep, I heard Joe Capone and Chris Johnson were really nice guys, too. Remember... actions speak louder than words and I don't much care for Allen's actions . Oh, and personally I don't care how nice of a guy he is, if he continues to sell animals after one of his dies from IBD , he's really not that nice of a guy...

-Lawrence

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    I guess everyone is a liar and Allen is a standup guy. Yeah, that's it..
    Must be the conspiracy theory again
    Deborah Stewart

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

See the problem here is that you people admittedly don't know me. You don't know whether or not my facilities are clean! You don't know whether I breed or buy animals! You don't know why, how or for what reason I am in this business! You don't know alot!!!
    So here's a small list of people who do know these answers. How about take half as much time as you waste posting on me and gossiping about me when really you don't even know me and use it constructively.
    Neil Golli
    Michael Cole
    Josh Baer
    Shawn Baer
    Terry Herring
    Dean Murphy
    This should give you a starting point. All of these people have been to my facilities. Some were announced and some weren't.
    SEE IF THE TRUTH IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE REALLY WANT, WHY DON'T YOU ASK SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS?
    But if the truth from (respectable breeders) as one person called Neil Golli, who has seen with his own eyes is not what you really want. Then just continue to post and gossip about what your friends grandmothers nextdoor nieghbors stepsons bestfriends brotheri-in-laws co-worker said.
    Allen Belcher

Thanks

LOL Well that's fine I don't need you to buy from me. You don't know me either. You don't know anything about me just like you don't know anything about Allen. But I think BIG DADDY has spoken and I don't see anyone else posting now? But hey everyone has there own opinion. So I guess because some of my wonderful healthy animals came from Big daddy I must have learned to not clean there cages and give them fresh water everyday with feed and shed records just like every other reputable breeder? LOL I think you people are funny. But hey what do I know I am just a youngster right? LOL If you wanna trash me b/c of this knock yourself out.

You all have a good day,

Hey Allen how are you? People are ignorant what can you say?
    Thanks,
    Daniel Allison

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast