Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,369

1 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: cage sizes

Thanks

cage sizes

ok i have heard so many peeps say that cages and tanks and rack boxes can be oversized for snakes... but how can this be true and couple of house in pool on a lilo sat there thinking *while getting some sun* i though snakes live in the wild,.... wild is big.... how can a cage be big?

any thoughts?
    1 norm BP - monty - Male.

g0 BpS

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: cage sizes

Quote Originally Posted by liam
    ok i have heard so many peeps say that cages and tanks and rack boxes can be oversized for snakes... but how can this be true and couple of house in pool on a lilo sat there thinking *while getting some sun* i though snakes live in the wild,.... wild is big.... how can a cage be big?

any thoughts?
    I hope this isn't trying to start anything but here is a huge thread that covers that.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...t=49354&page=1

Hope that helps
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

wasent trying to start or saying big cages are big just saying my thoughts on snakes in the wild living in a masssive open area...random rambolings sorry
    1 norm BP - monty - Male.

g0 BpS

Thanks

Liam you need to understand how ball pythons live in the wild. They don't roam about the African plains lazing about in the open, enjoying the big wide world. They secrete themselves in rat tunnels and to a great extent in the tight tunnel systems of huge termite mounds. Being exposed out in the open is, especially to a young ball python, an invitation to become prey to a lot of other animals.

Other species of snakes are much the same. Even the biggest of giant snakes do not often willingly expose themselves. Anaconda's hide their great bulk in bare inches of water, large retics use the underbrush and their ability to climb to secrete themselves under various cover. While some snakes may come out to bask for short periods, most land snakes are silent, secretive creatures that prefer their privacy and the safety of hidden places like ground cover, burrows, etc.
    ~~Joanna~~