Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,086

2 members and 3,084 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: lllreptiles sucks

I had mite problems and went to the store and bought some zoo med and it sucked. then i contacted the breeder and he sent me PAM and it took a while but it works. I also talked to some breeders and they said to go to the store and buy the stuff for cats and dogs and put it in some warm water and soak the snake. sorry i forgot the name of the sruff, it should be at the pet store though. another breeder sugested rubbing the snake in olive oil but i dont know about that.
    good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

DON'T rub oil on your snake....it can cause the scales to flake off one at a time and make a huge mess! (Picture fish scales all over your hands)

Also....don't EVER dip your snake into a product that isn't made specifically for snakes. The business of killing living organisms that act as parasites is always risky for the host animal as well, and if you don't know exactly what you're doing, you run a very high risk of causing neurological damage or even killing your snake.
    -- Judy

Thanks

-Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Registered User Boa/Kingsnake Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: lllreptiles sucks

Yes get a can of provent a mite and in no time you should be mite free.
    Just follow the directions and your good to go. Also you should treat all other reptiles you have so this way you're on the safe side.
    At the moment:
    1.2 Albino Checkered Garters
    0.1 Salmon BCI
    1.1 Anery BCI
    1.1 Cali King
    1.1 Aberrant 100% het. albino Cali Kings
    1.1 Eastern King
    2.0 Bearded Dragons

Thanks

I've had no problems with buying herps or products from LLLReptile on their online store. I bought a blizzard leopard gecko from them, and he arrived fat and healthy, as well as a screen caged enclosure for my Chameleon. But if you said that you inspected the animal before you bought it, you really can''t take any legal action, and writing a letter probably won't do any good. Are you sure you don't already have a mite infestation in your collection already? If you bought hides from a large chain petstore, or even bedding, mites can be carried over in this manner as well. Just listing all of the possibilities here. Either way, using some P.A.M. will get the work done.
    -Kasi- 'Marsupial Mom' in training!
    0.1 Normal BP ~Isis~
    1.0 Graziani Pastel ~Apollo~
    0.1 Spider ~Savannah~
    1.0 Albino ~Ra~
    1.1 Lesser Platinum's ~Osiris~ ~Cleopatra~
    2.4 PastelXNormal babies
    0.1 RTB het Anery ~Camila~
    1.1 Bennet's wallabies ~ Boomer~~Bella~
    2.1 Red Kangaroo's ~Rocky, Jack, and Ruby~
    1.0 Serval ~Keyba~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect9
    I've had no problems with buying herps or products from LLLReptile on their online store. I bought a blizzard leopard gecko from them, and he arrived fat and healthy, as well as a screen caged enclosure for my Chameleon. But if you said that you inspected the animal before you bought it, you really can''t take any legal action, and writing a letter probably won't do any good. Are you sure you don't already have a mite infestation in your collection already? If you bought hides from a large chain petstore, or even bedding, mites can be carried over in this manner as well. Just listing all of the possibilities here. Either way, using some P.A.M. will get the work done.

Im pretty sure it didnt come from my collection because i noticed them right after i took it outta the container it came in and it hadnt touched anything in my home. When I look through her scales I can see them underneath them little black things. Are they just mites or can they be really tiny ticks??? I know on dogs and cats ticks are pretty decent sized. Just wondering im new to the reptile parasite world never had a problem before.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

Another quick question If i were to buy it online would my snake be fine until it gets here in a week or however long it takes. I know with an adult it would be fine but she is only 2 maybe going on three weeks and soo tiny. she just ate yesterday so i figure she can take it. And thanks to all the people who have replied.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sg1trogdor
    Another quick question If i were to buy it online would my snake be fine until it gets here in a week or however long it takes. I know with an adult it would be fine but she is only 2 maybe going on three weeks and soo tiny. she just ate yesterday so i figure she can take it. And thanks to all the people who have replied.
    I'm pretty sure that all of their live animal is overnight shipping, and they call you before hand and make arrangements on which day to ship said animal out to make sure you'll be home when he/she arrives.
    -Kasi- 'Marsupial Mom' in training!
    0.1 Normal BP ~Isis~
    1.0 Graziani Pastel ~Apollo~
    0.1 Spider ~Savannah~
    1.0 Albino ~Ra~
    1.1 Lesser Platinum's ~Osiris~ ~Cleopatra~
    2.4 PastelXNormal babies
    0.1 RTB het Anery ~Camila~
    1.1 Bennet's wallabies ~ Boomer~~Bella~
    2.1 Red Kangaroo's ~Rocky, Jack, and Ruby~
    1.0 Serval ~Keyba~

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sg1trogdor
    It depends on how many mites you think there are. If it's just a few...I'm sure she'll be fine until the PAM arrives. But if she's totally infested, you'll want to get rid of them as quickly as you can. A bath in barely warm water with a single drop of dish detergent in the water will kill most of them on the snake. Reptile Relief (purchased from most pet stores) also works to kill off the adults you see. The problem with these two solutions is they only kill the adults you can see and the mites will return with a vengence in a short time. PAM will kill mites at any stage of life from egg to adult, so you wipe 'em all out and they can't come back.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Ouch; mites are a bear to deal with. Unfortunately in this world, it is buyer beware. Personally, if this happened to me I would immediately contact the seller and see what they would do to resolve this. If they were snippy and refused to at least send me a can of PAMite, then I would go about neg-repping them. But at any rate, I would get some Provent-A-Mite asap and do the soaking exercise Judy recommended in the meantime to at least reduce discomfort to the snake.
    Ticks.. not sure how they look on boas. But when i saw them on a BP, they were larger, and they tended to stay in one spot and were not like black poppy-seeds that crawl, as mites are.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast