Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,144

3 members and 3,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Which Carpet Python?

as far as the carpets go, i think it is a matter of which one you like best. its your snake not anyone elses so you pick the color. me, i love the jungle but like i said, its your snake not mine.
    good luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whyteboi
    Are there sites with Irian Jayas? I saw pythonsinapeartree or whatever from Mpenn, but if Irian Jayas and West Papuans are the same thing, his are more expensive. I did find some IJs for 100 + shipping, and look pretty nice.

Still a hard decision, but what would the measurements be for a full grown IJ cage? Like 28" x 16.5" x 30"?

Anyway thanks for the help so far
    Irian Jayas and West Papuans are the same snake. The Irian Jaya side of Papua New Guinea had a name change to West Papua; hence, the name change of the snake. Most people use both interchangeably. Much like "Chondro" for GTP's even though they are know classified as Morelia viridis.

You can keep IJ's in something the size of a 41 qt. Sterilite or Iris tub. I would think you could use more floor space than what your cage dimensions offer, but I believe that should work having a nice amount of vertical space.

You are welcome to search the classifieds on KS or anywhere else. Yes, you will find IJ's cheaper than mine. And, if you really do some searching, you will find some far more expensive than mine. Remember, you get what you pay for. Just my .

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPenn
    Yes, you will find IJ's cheaper than mine. And, if you really do some searching, you will find some far more expensive than mine. Remember, you get what you pay for. Just my .
    Yes, this is the truth. And I can tell you guys, MPenn's carpets are some very good quality ones, especially his IJs. Remember, when you purchase from a good established breeder, you are also opening up a line of communication that you can tap into for information for years to come. You will never regret opening up good lines of communtication with knowledgable and experienced breeders. There are my

Charlie,

You have one from that striped one! The striped one in that pic is Skunk when he was a bit younger, and before he had met up with any of the ladies.

Thanks

Irian Jayas and West Papuans are the same snake. The Irian Jaya side of Papua New Guinea had a name change to West Papua; hence, the name change of the snake. Most people use both interchangeably. Much like "Chondro" for GTP's even though they are know classified as Morelia viridis.

You can keep IJ's in something the size of a 41 qt. Sterilite or Iris tub. I would think you could use more floor space than what your cage dimensions offer, but I believe that should work having a nice amount of vertical space.

You are welcome to search the classifieds on KS or anywhere else. Yes, you will find IJ's cheaper than mine. And, if you really do some searching, you will find some far more expensive than mine. Remember, you get what you pay for. Just my .
    the people in this thread said IJ's are typically less expensive than jungles, but at your shop, they are twice as expensive . Yours jungles are the best price by far, but give me the "IJ costs as much as a jungle discount" and you will have yourself a deal

Thanks

the people in this thread said IJ's are typically less expensive than jungles, but at your shop, they are twice as expensive . Yours jungles are the best price by far, but give me the "IJ costs as much as a jungle discount" and you will have yourself a deal
    If you were to look at the the adult jungles that Ben has or some of the other high end jungles out there by people such as Andrew Hare, Will Leary, Matt Turner, etc. you would see why I have mine priced the way I do.
    On the flip side, my IJ's are some of the top five bloodlines in the States and the price reflects that.

Thanks

I don't know if this will help you much, but it is a very reputable breeder of Carpet Pythons. I know he breeds Jungle's and I'm pretty sure he deals with Irian Jaya's . He also has a very good caresheet that I would read before thinking about getting a Carpet Python. Anthony Caponetto Reptiles
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun J
    I don't know if this will help you much, but it is a very reputable breeder of Carpet Pythons. I know he breeds Jungle's and I'm pretty sure he deals with Irian Jaya's . He also has a very good caresheet that I would read before thinking about getting a Carpet Python. Anthony Caponetto Reptiles
    Yes, he also breeds a very nice line of Irian Jayas.

Thanks

If you were to look at the the adult jungles that Ben has or some of the other high end jungles out there by people such as Andrew Hare, Will Leary, Matt Turner, etc. you would see why I have mine priced the way I do.
    On the flip side, my IJ's are some of the top five bloodlines in the States and the price reflects that.
    Well I've seen mike's stuff..... and he is being modest. His IJ's are absolutely incredible. As for price, as mentioned.... due to the bloodlines, quality, etc. you get what you pay for. My 6 cents worth!

Sounds like your still not sure what you want... do you have a local store that carries some of each that you can hang out with... help you decide between the two??? Scratch that... just re-read and saw your not interested in a BCI.
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

I really don't care what they look like, but how can your IJ's, or any at all be in a top bloodline? How is that determined, and what is that based on?

Thanks

I really don't care what they look like, but how can your IJ's, or any at all be in a top bloodline? How is that determined, and what is that based on?
    Same rule applies to any animal.... Well, anything actually. If there is a bloodline that has a desired trait... color, conformation, markings, temperament, heritage, etc.... it is sought after more. In turn, it costs more. If you are not concerned with all of that, (And let me add that there are no unattractive snakes IMO) Then just buy what you like and want to look at.
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast