Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,745

1 members and 1,744 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks

just wondering . . .

is it a good thing for a bp to be moving alot, or staying still during the day?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: just wondering . . .

It depends.

If it's in a new home, it's normal for them to spend time exploring...sometimes they will take several days to decide it's safe to relax in their new home.

Typical behavior for most BPs though, is very sedentary. They sleep a LOT. Lots of movement, especially during the day, can be a sign of insecurity, or that something is wrong with the environment (too hot, for instance) and it is trying to find a way out.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    It depends.

If it's in a new home, it's normal for them to spend time exploring...sometimes they will take several days to decide it's safe to relax in their new home.

Typical behavior for most BPs though, is very sedentary. They sleep a LOT. Lots of movement, especially during the day, can be a sign of insecurity, or that something is wrong with the environment (too hot, for instance) and it is trying to find a way out.

Yes, i got her 3 days ago, and shes does go into her hides every now and then but for maybe 5 minutes then she is out movin around.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What are the temps in your enclosure? How are you achieving and measuring them?

Also, what kinds of hides does she have? They like them really tight, so they can feel "hugged" from all sides and even from above.

Most likely, she's still just trying to settle in and convince herself it's all safe and no other critters are going to try and claim her cozy little caves. But a check of temps and security is always a wise thing.
    -- Judy

Thanks

What are the temps in your enclosure? How are you achieving and measuring them?

Also, what kinds of hides does she have? They like them really tight, so they can feel "hugged" from all sides and even from above.

Most likely, she's still just trying to settle in and convince herself it's all safe and no other critters are going to try and claim her cozy little caves. But a check of temps and security is always a wise thing.
    my temps are around 91 degrees on the warm side, and 80 degrees at the cool side. i have an UTH heating pad and have a digital thermometer with 2 probes, one on the warm side, and one on the cool sike. The hides are identicle and i'm pretty sure they are snug. This is my first pet ever and i just want to make sure that I'm doing right by her.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your temps look good.

Give her a few more days and don't mess with her at all until she's eaten a time or two for you. She'll settle down before long, and you'll be reminiscing about the days when you actually got to watch her move around.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Your temps look good.

Give her a few more days and don't mess with her at all until she's eaten a time or two for you. She'll settle down before long, and you'll be reminiscing about the days when you actually got to watch her move around.
    haha, thanks alot.