Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,313

0 members and 3,313 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

And I Needed To Know This Why????

Saw a news report today and just had to shake my head. Apparently (try not to faint folks) down in Florida a gator attacked somebody's little pet doggie!!!!!!!

Now I'm very sorry the dog could grabbed (and happily it did survive and wasn't all that badly hurt) but okay they live in Florida where gators live, they live on the side of a swamp area where geesh I think gators have lived for what...EONS OF TIME! They have a small, probably yappy little dog that they allow to race about their yard which, gee leads right down to the swampy water where...duhhhhhhh the GATOR lives.....

and we are surprised our little doggie got grabbed? and this is worthy of national media coverage?

Of course, the gator is now a bad, mean, horrible killer of sweet little doggies. *sigh*

Humans are quite dumb sometimes, reporters even more so.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: And I Needed To Know This Why????

i wonder who at the media stations think that this is national news worthy..they are really dumb sometimes..
    Joe

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

This happens about 5 times a year in my neighborhood. We back right up to the Ross Barnett Reservoir. Peoples dogs get gotten all the time and they find gators in their pools and sun rooms allot.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

...again the cuteness factor plays into the game....

...If a dog runs around someone's backyard and kills countless lizards, small mammals, and insects......not a sound is made

At least the gator is not being killed for it....but I almost expected it to be hauled off and shot...

Thanks

Sad isn't it Daniel. I remember a news report not so long ago where a raptor and a snake were found entwined. The snake was of course killed and the "brave raptor" saved. Now I'm not saying one is better than the other but well if the darn bird tried to eat the snake and it fought back....what right do we have to intervene in that natural selection process between a wild bird and a wild snake. Oh and the guy that found them...big hero on the news...geeze!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Sad isn't it Daniel. I remember a news report not so long ago where a raptor and a snake were found entwined. The snake was of course killed and the "brave raptor" saved. Now I'm not saying one is better than the other but well if the darn bird tried to eat the snake and it fought back....what right do we have to intervene in that natural selection process between a wild bird and a wild snake. Oh and the guy that found them...big hero on the news...geeze!
    I will never forget the article that I read about a young bear being killed by campers in Yellowstone because it was attempting to kill a fawn.....

...I think two of the campers were put on probabation for the offense...

People's lack of knowledge concerning nature's functions is sad.

Thanks

and we are surprised our little doggie got grabbed? and this is worthy of national media coverage?
    if it bleeds, it leads....unless it's our nation at war, then Paris Hilton headlines.

Thanks

Saw a news report today and just had to shake my head. Apparently (try not to faint folks) down in Florida a gator attacked somebody's little pet doggie!!!!!!!

Now I'm very sorry the dog could grabbed (and happily it did survive and wasn't all that badly hurt) but okay they live in Florida where gators live, they live on the side of a swamp area where geesh I think gators have lived for what...EONS OF TIME! They have a small, probably yappy little dog that they allow to race about their yard which, gee leads right down to the swampy water where...duhhhhhhh the GATOR lives.....

Of course, the gator is now a bad, mean, horrible killer of sweet little doggies. *sigh*

Humans are quite dumb sometimes, reporters even more so.
    That's sooo stupid! If you KNOW there are gators, why let your dog out there? Over here, we get TONS of coyotes and wolves that are KNOWN to eat little doggies, and we always had to be out with our little silky terrier. We just got a fence, so it's cool now, lol. But I hate that all gators are now "EVIIILL!" because of some dumb person who couldn't watch their dog. I aslo hate it when one mishap happens with snakes ten times larger than the snake I own, my snake is all of a sudden going to "suffocate me in my sleep" or something like that. Geez... some people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathanledet
    if it bleeds, it leads....unless it's our nation at war, then Paris Hilton headlines.
    can I please shoot paris hilton... please please please?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Doris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydragon
    can I please shoot paris hilton... please please please?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    no. it would only put her in the news more.

the headline:

Hilton...slaughtered

hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton...the war..hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton hilton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast