Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,320

0 members and 3,320 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Man feeds puppy to boa.. wait... what?

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    In Asian countries, they eat cats and dogs. In some areas, they are thrown, alive, in containers of hot oil that melts their fur, eyes, and outer layers of skin (saves time in the manual skinning process) and are then removed and hung to dry. Most if not all are still alive (barely) at this point and are hung to die a slow painful death.

I saw a video of this and it was sickening, to say the least.
    Honestly, how could you guys even watch something like that? I mean, did you seriously watch the whole thing? *shudders* I cant even picture myself being like, "wow, this is gross and inhumane, but Im going to watch the whole thing anyways"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnme
    I have heard of snakes eating humans but that doesn't mean I am ready to toss a baby in with any just because it happened in the wild.
    Alright I accept that it's an anology, however comparing feeding off babies to feeding off puppies is apples to oranges. In one of the most drastic of senses, this isn't really "A Modest Proposal". Good read btw.

It really has no bearing whether it was a pet or not.
    We being humans like to attach emotions to our animals, especially our companion animals. We know the limitations of snakes behavior yet people still insist their snake "loves" them. Because your snake "loves" you does it legally deserve better treatment than the disgusting smelly mice that only seem to care about pooping, peeing, musking and biting? No. Yes, dogs and cats have the ability to recognize people, but guess what, my friends pet rabbit does too, yet he's considered by the herping world to be little more than a nice fat meal. The point that needs to be answered is "how is it that the death of one animal is any more/less cruel than an identical death to a different animal?" Let's say for instance the snake owner was an upstanding citizen who took excellent care of his boa and fed his boa alone all by himself, however the meal was a puppy. What exactly would the SPCA/PETA say? Why are you being cruel to that puppy, why don't you go get him a nice rabbit? The only reason that makes sense is due to the norms of society, rather than the actual definition of cruelty. Now once again for the umpteenth time this is not to say I support the feeding of puppies in any way shape or form. God forbid I ever meet someone who does it because I'd be on the 6 o'clock news and then 6 months later I'll take a visit to that electric chair we got down here in texas. Yes, I know I am guilty of upholding that double standard that society set, however I do not feel it's right that the government can decide that one death by identical means can be any more cruel than another.

First of all they stated that the snake was neglected so more than likely he fed it off as sick humor rather than "I need to feed my wonderful snake." Especially since he had a couple of impressionable kids there to watch.

I think it was completely wrong.

jmo.
    Right, I agree with you there. I hope this slime-ball meets Gus in jail. I hope it's not pretty. Show feedings are cruel enough as it is at times, that throw in two as you say "impressionable kids" performing what is considered socially unacceptable behavior be feeding off a puppy, not to mention the puppy was soaked in oil, that I hope when he finally gets out of jail he has to waddle around and can't sit down for a month.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adizziedoll
    Honestly, how could you guys even watch something like that? I mean, did you seriously watch the whole thing? *shudders* I cant even picture myself being like, "wow, this is gross and inhumane, but Im going to watch the whole thing anyways"
    wow, way to pass judgement on something you know nothing about. I watched it for a class.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MATT FISHER REPTILES
    by leagle standards there is no difference between feeding a dog, rat or a rabbit.
    You sure about that, counselor? There is a big difference between rodents and companion animals. I respect all animals but at the same time I can tell the difference between a companion animal and a prey animal.

That said, this guy didn't feed a puppy to the snake because the snake needed to eat and there weren't any rabbits available. What he did and how he did it was animal cruelty, plain and simple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    In Asian countries, they eat cats and dogs. In some areas, they are thrown, alive, in containers of hot oil that melts their fur, eyes, and outer layers of skin (saves time in the manual skinning process) and are then removed and hung to dry. Most if not all are still alive (barely) at this point and are hung to die a slow painful death.

I saw a video of this and it was sickening, to say the least.
    Savages...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman

The point that needs to be answered is "how is it that the death of one animal is any more/less cruel than an identical death to a different animal?"
    I maybe totally off when saying this but..... rats and mice are actually raised as feeder animals. When considering the food chain it seems logical and acceptable to me to feed them to animals that naturally feed on them in the wild.

Puppies however are not raised as feeder animals and are not considered IMO to be lower then snakes in the food chain.

So to me it is more cruel to feed a puppy which would not normal be killed off as food.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    I maybe totally off when saying this but..... rats and mice are actually raised as feeder animals. When considering the food chain it seems logical and acceptable to me to feed them to animals that naturally feed on them in the wild.

Puppies however are not raised as feeder animals and are not considered IMO to be lower then snakes in the food chain.

So to me it is more cruel to feed a puppy which would not normal be killed off as food.
    You may be totally off, but not in this case! Great post stalker!

Thanks

great post Jamie.

another thing...

depending on the age of those kids I also think it should have also been a case of child abuse to have them sit and witness that.

That was just an ignorant man trying to impress some kids with his "coolness"

I won't ever believe it would be good to feed a snake a dog...but in the wild when it does happen it isn't because they are trying to impress their fellow junglemates.

Thanks

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to daaangconcepts again.

Thanks

you must have missed brads post....

although thats people not snakes.
    funny thing is we're really the only society that will draw a line and acknowledge that there's a difference between a livestock animal and a companion animal. to many people animals are animals and that's about it.

not condoning this, just sayin.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast