Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,266

3 members and 3,263 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Man feeds puppy to boa.. wait... what?

Quote Originally Posted by MATT FISHER REPTILES
    there are lots of groups of wild dogs down in the areas where boas are from. it would not be soupriseing to me if once in a blue moon a large boa came across a litter of pups and snaged one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman
    I figured as much, just because something isnt on a boa's list of typical prey, the doesn't mean there arn't targets of opportunity.
    Occasionally or sometimes maybe snagging one in the wild and intentionally feeding your (pet) boa a (pet) puppy are kinda different in my eyes.

BPnet Veteran MATT FISHER REPTILES's Avatar
    Thanks

did they say if it was a pet or if it was a stray he found.
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74
    i keep about 105 balls. and a few boas. creasted and lepord geckos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    Occasionally or sometimes maybe snagging one in the wild and intentionally feeding your (pet) boa a (pet) puppy are kinda different in my eyes.
    Of course feeding a pet is different than feeding a non-pet. That is why I agree that this guy, and anyone else who would feed a puppy off is screwed up in the head. However the argument here is whether or not it is any more cruel, and to this extent I do not believe it is any more cruel to the puppy than it is to a rat/bunny to become prey.

Thanks

I think what Gooseman is saying is something like this - we as a society apply moral treatment to animals based on cultural norms.

In other words, it doesn't make people think twice when you hear about snakes eating rats, but then when a snake eats a puppy it makes front page news.

I think its wrong to feed a puppy or a kitten to a snake more or less because to me, puppies and kittens are companion animals that relate to us more - so these animals basically get better moral treatment? There are some people out there that are die-hard rodent fans that cringe at the fact that their beloved pets are fed off to snakes without a second thought.

The same goes with reptiles. If people neglect a group of dogs/cats, the humane society breaks the door down, rescues the animals, and prosecutes the owners. If a group of reptiles are neglected in the same way, they die slow deaths and the authorities rarely if ever get involved. I'm just illustrating the different levels of moral treatment that society applies to different groups of animals.
    -Brad

Thanks

Susan, I appreciate you sharing this with us.

I agree that this is sick and twisted.

I have heard of snakes eating humans but that doesn't mean I am ready to toss a baby in with any just because it happened in the wild.

It really has no bearing whether it was a pet or not.

First of all they stated that the snake was neglected so more than likely he fed it off as sick humor rather than "I need to feed my wonderful snake." Especially since he had a couple of impressionable kids there to watch.

I think it was completely wrong.

jmo.

Thanks

In Asian countries, they eat cats and dogs. In some areas, they are thrown, alive, in containers of hot oil that melts their fur, eyes, and outer layers of skin (saves time in the manual skinning process) and are then removed and hung to dry. Most if not all are still alive (barely) at this point and are hung to die a slow painful death.

I saw a video of this and it was sickening, to say the least.
    -Brad

Thanks

feeding a baby to a snake is quite a bit diffrent than a dog. that comment really dosent apply.
    "According to a young expert snake keeper Bald pythons can grow to 8 feet" lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReptileFan
    feeding a baby to a snake is quite a bit diffrent than a dog. that comment really dosent apply.

it was an analogy.

It applies in the fact that just because they eat dogs in the wild does not make it right to do it in captivity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    In Asian countries, they eat cats and dogs. In some areas, they are thrown, alive, in containers of hot oil that melts their fur, eyes, and outer layers of skin (saves time in the manual skinning process) and are then removed and hung to dry. Most if not all are still alive (barely) at this point and are hung to die a slow painful death.

Ok damn... That makes me want to cry. In my mind I just saw that happening to my dog. Jesus...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis

you saw that video too? i felt real bad for the poor cat they followed through the whole process.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast