Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,279

2 members and 3,277 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Man feeds puppy to boa.. wait... what?

Ok, sorry if this is a double post. I heard about this on the news this morning. I tried to search to see if a post had been created on this yet. Was suprised when I didn't find anything.

Man who fed puppy to boa gets 90 days in jail: :eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19234199/

Thanks

Re: Man feeds puppy to boa.. wait... what?

What a DUMMY! He's messed in the head for sure!

Should have fed him to the boa.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?

Thanks

That man is flipping insane to feed a puppy to a 8ft boa, oh heck, a snake of any size. Let alone to coat it in cooking oil and have two teenagers watch presumably for the sole purpose of amusement.

However, playing devils advocate, how is feeding a puppy any more cruel than feeding a rat or bunny or fetal pigs? Do dogs have that extra layer of feelings that other animals don't thus making it worthy of charging him with animal cruelty? I am by far not saying people should even consider feeding their snakes dogs, but to me the essence of that law seems bogus. I think people who do feed like this have a few screws loose and probably shouldn't be owning pets anyways (taking into point the fact the boa was taken from his possession due to neglect).

The only thing in this case that I believe worth prosecuting is the coating of oil and the show he put on for the teenagers.

JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR, I DO NOT SUPPORT HIM FEEDING PUPPIES! I THINK IT'S SICK, I JUST DON'T SEE HOW IT'S LEGALLY POSSIBLE TO PROSECUTE HIM FOR DOING SO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman
    However, playing devils advocate, how is feeding a puppy any more cruel than feeding a rat or bunny or fetal pigs?
    Well for one thing I don't think puppies are considered to be one of their natural food sources.

Genus/species: Boa constrictor
    Diet in the Wild:
    This snake feeds on large lizards, small or moderate-sized birds, opossums, bats, mongooses, rats, and squirrels.
    Yep...nope, puppies aren't listed..

Just sayin'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    Well for one thing I don't think puppies are considered to be one of their natural food sources.
    I am not going to argue that, however doggy chow isn't exactly a natural food source either. I really am not supporting him or his decision to do so. But I still don't see how it's any more cruel, unless the puppy was of a size that made it difficult for the snake to put down.

That looney of a man deserves what's coming to him, a big guy named Gus, however at the same time the legal logistics of it are beyond me.

Thanks

Just a thought though, I am not certain, however I would not be at all surprised if anacondas and retics take down wild dogs in their natural settings.

BPnet Veteran MATT FISHER REPTILES's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman
    however doggy chow isn't exactly a natural food source either. I really am not supporting him or his decision to do so. But I still don't see how it's any more cruel, unless the puppy was of a size that made it difficult for the snake to put down.

That looney of a man deserves what's coming to him, a big guy named Gus, however at the same time the legal logistics of it are beyond me.

there are lots of groups of wild dogs down in the areas where boas are from. it would not be soupriseing to me if once in a blue moon a large boa came across a litter of pups and snaged one.

i also have no idea on what grounds they threw him in jail on. by leagle standards there is no difference between feeding a dog, rat or a rabbit.

the problem is that we are not the only ones that argew the point that there is no difference. soon all people will say if what he did is illiagle then feeding rats should be against the law. and boom they will have found a way for people to not keep snakes. not by baning snakes but by banning feeding them.
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74
    i keep about 105 balls. and a few boas. creasted and lepord geckos.

Thanks

I like this story much better
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18872031/
    Sin~

BPnet Veteran MATT FISHER REPTILES's Avatar
    Thanks

agreed way to focus on the good stories in life.
    MATT FISHER REPTILES

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74
    i keep about 105 balls. and a few boas. creasted and lepord geckos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MATT FISHER REPTILES
    there are lots of groups of wild dogs down in the areas where boas are from. it would not be soupriseing to me if once in a blue moon a large boa came across a litter of pups and snaged one.

i also have no idea on what grounds they threw him in jail on. by leagle standards there is no difference between feeding a dog, rat or a rabbit.

the problem is that we are not the only ones that argew the point that there is no difference. soon all people will say if what he did is illiagle then feeding rats should be against the law. and boom they will have found a way for people to not keep snakes. not by baning snakes but by banning feeding them.
    I figured as much, just because something isnt on a boa's list of typical prey, the doesn't mean there arn't targets of opportunity.

Matt, I guess we better start teachin our snakes to eat sausage that we stick a multi-vitamin in... or better yet prepare for the coming vegetatian society and start them on tofu! lol, that would be quite a sight. A boa eating tofu...

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast