Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,480

2 members and 3,478 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: My newest edition-Gos hawk Chic (21 days old)

Quote Originally Posted by stangs13
    Thanks Chris!! I have joined 2 falconrey forums already! And am learning alot, as you know. I look forward to becoming an apprentice!
    Justin, it is great to have you on my forum... Please dont hesitate to ask questions.. Knowlege is key to being a successful falconer and for the well being of the hawk. You live in a state where falconry is HUGE. So please use that resource. Good luck in your falconry ventures as it is a lot of work but worth it 10 fold. I look forward to hearing about you trapping your first red-tail...

Quote Originally Posted by _BoidFinatic_
    My question to you is, do gos's commonly prey on pigeons and chickens? I have heard stories about them catching and taking away Banny chickens as well as small turkey.
    Gos's love to take pigeons and chickens as gos's are very fast and agile fliers. But, Most BOP's will take a pigeon or chicken for that matter. They are hunters of opportunity, meaning they will kill what ever looks easy to get. They like weak and injured animals the best. Young chickens, quail, and pigeons are easy prey. It is harder for them to hold on to pigeons and dove as the deck feathers come off very easy and they slip out from under the talons. Acts as a sort of shedable armor.
    Chris L.

"Do just once, what others say you can't do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again... "
    -My falconry forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dalvers63
    Chris,

Your little boy is growing up quickly! I've had first hand experience with raising two babies from a macaw clutch and know what trouble they can get it when they want to. I can only imagine the things your boy can get into if he gets bored :-)

If you have info on the WA club, could you pass it along? I'll see about posting a few pics of the BOP that were at the Earth Day outing in Eastern WA this time. I had to laugh..the kids were asking the girls from WSU if they had brought the eagle. Seems they didn't because he was too BIG to fit in the car. Now that's a bit bird!
    Deb,
    I too have raised Mcaws and amazons and you would be suprized this Gos is so much easier. None of that 2-3 hour feedings. You just leave a pile of meat and they eat when they want. It is great.

Here is the Washington Falconers Assoc. info http://www.wafalconers.org/
    Great club for sure.

Yeah Eagles are huge. Very powerful especially when sitting and looking you in the face. I would enjoy seeing those pictures if you get a chance to post them.
    Chris L.

"Do just once, what others say you can't do and you will never pay attention to their limitations again... "
    -My falconry forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    I couldn't agree more. I'd love to meet you both, although I'm hoping to meet Robin as early as Daytona! (you're not headed that way are ya Chris?)

PLEASE let me know when you guys are going to get together in the fall.
    Christie and Robin, looks like I will see you all there as well. . I am always down for a party!!! I have never been to the Daytona show why not...I will need to get a hotel. What is the best hotel to stay at? Are you all staying near there? Is there going to be a bp.net party or get together? ( I am sure there is a thread on this, if so can you point me to it?)

It will be great to see you all there. Looking forward to this year: new friends, new birds, and new snakes.. you really can't ask for more than that.
    Chris L.

-My falconry forum

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo
    Christie and Robin, looks like I will see you all there as well. . I am always down for a party!!! I have never been to the Daytona show why not...I will need to get a hotel. What is the best hotel to stay at? Are you all staying near there? Is there going to be a bp.net party or get together? ( I am sure there is a thread on this, if so can you point me to it?)

It will be great to see you all there. Looking forward to this year: new friends, new birds, and new snakes.. you really can't ask for more than that.
    Karl and I are staying at LaQuinta, because we're bringing our dog with us, and they are pet friendly, so we're about 4 miles out.

Last year we all hung out at the Hilton on the back porch. We'll be there from Thursday through Monday and the festivities start as early as Thursday evening for the general kicking back, socializing and having drinks on the back porch.

Adam is hosting a dinner Saturday night, I'm sure he'll share more details when we get closer. Most of us will exchange cell numbers as we get closer to Daytona so that we can all be "in the loop" with each others plans and easier access to "where you at????" LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    I couldn't agree more. I'd love to meet you both, although I'm hoping to meet Robin as early as Daytona! (you're not headed that way are ya Chris?)

PLEASE let me know when you guys are going to get together in the fall.
    Yaaaayy Christie, I can't wait to meet you!

Thanks

Thanks for the info, Chris! I'll have to look into what is needed to actually get going with an apprenticship. BoP are something that I have been facinated with since I was small. They are such amazing creatures and you are quite lucky to have them in your life.

Wish I was going to daytona, too. One of these years I'll make it there!

Deb

iHerp. Do you?

Thanks

That's great that you'll be at Daytona as well Chris. This should really be a great trip, and I can't wait! So many wonderful people to meet. I will be staying at the Hilton with my sister.

Here's the main thread, but as Robin (who I can't wait to meet as well ) said you'll see more informtion being tossed about closer to the actual date.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456