Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,445

3 members and 3,442 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $100,000 Ball?

Thanks

Re: $100,000 Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by lord jackel
    For me the surprise is seeing it on KS...not really sure Ralph or Kara (or any big breeder who might spend this kind of money) really hunt the want ads looking for a $100,000 snake...maybe I am wrong. Also, as cool as the Banana is it doesn't make much sense as a business venture on its own (to your point the all eggs in one basket)...as part of a much larger breeding business sure...but then you are talking about million dollar businesses and how many of those are out there...only a couple maybe?
    True, that is a stretch. But that goes to the ever-growing population of breeders that seem to think they don't need a web site. I have a name for them, but it isn't appropriate for this forum .

But I agree, there's a select few that could afford a $100,000 snake, and none of them are going to buy a Banana for that price. Trades? I could see that, but I have yet to see any of the major breeder journals going whacky of the Banana. It's pretty easy to assume that all the major breeders have their own projects going on right now. Will is small fries... Ralph, Greg, Kara (et al) are frequently getting offers for abnormal WC's, and I'd venture to guess that's where in their going to invest their money, as opposed to investing in an animal that Will has a 6 year head start.

Banana's are cool, but man... there are WAY too many cool morphs to qualify spending $100,000. If I had that kind of money to blow, I'd be buying up Clowns, Butters, Lessers and a TON of other snakes... not one.
    Justin Hall

Thanks

Is it just me or do some of these morphs not really look that good? I checked out that site and one of them looks like a pile of vomit. Also, I think the ones with the light purple heads are sort of creepy like those semi-translucent geckos or a jellyfish.

Hey look, the King has no clothes!!

P.S.
    That striped-back one is sweet for sure!
    1.0 Normal BP - "Snakey"
    1.0 Jungle carpet python - "Chewbacca" aka "Chewie"
    0.1 Olive python - "Cleopatra" aka "Cleo"
    0.0.1 Corn - "Husker"
    1.0 Veiled Chameleon - "Kermit"

Thanks

theurbanpython.com bought the toffee ball python for $100000

!| ~ JP ~ |!
    Snakes:
    1.0 Normal Ball Python: Samuel L. Jackson
    1.0 Pastel Red-Tail Boa: Twitch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bearhart
    Is it just me or do some of these morphs not really look that good? I checked out that site and one of them looks like a pile of vomit. Also, I think the ones with the light purple heads are sort of creepy like those semi-translucent geckos or a jellyfish.
    Well, a lot of morphs are more about their combination potential than their "look" outright. Look at Hypos, cool sure, but it's when they do in combination with other morphs that make them real stunner's. Banana's have potential to produce colors we haven't yet... and that's where their value lies IMHO.

But everyone has different tastes. I love Sean's super reduced Clowns. I like butters better than Lessers. But that's me, and rest assured you won't find everyone agreeing with me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mricyfire
    theurbanpython.com bought the toffee ball python for $100000
    Well... there's a lot of conjecture on how much X pays for Y, and I'm not sure how much of it is believable. A lot goes on behind the scenes in purchases, so while it could certainly be true, I take it with a grain of salt.
    Justin Hall

Thanks

I would guess bp morph sales in 7 figures happen more frequently than we realize - we just don't hear about it...importing, between top breeders, etc...

Personally, I think that banana looks like it has a disease or something...a little too "out there" for my taste...
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

Hey my girlfriend is really big into BPs and she has got me hooked. Anyway, she knows a guy who bought a Banana Clown for 100k. And he said that he wouldnt let if go for less than 500k. I think thats a bit much but it is the most beautiful snake ive ever seen. Ill work on getting pics up it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhall1468 View Post
    Well... there's a lot of conjecture on how much X pays for Y, and I'm not sure how much of it is believable. A lot goes on behind the scenes in purchases, so while it could certainly be true, I take it with a grain of salt.
    Even if it was true, how much do toffee ball pythons normally go for?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123