Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,922

5 members and 2,917 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,561
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585

Thread: gravid?

Thanks

gravid?

this is my female leopard gecko her belly looks like it has eggs in it but its been a few weeks now and she hasnt laid . so tell me if you think she looks gravid or not thanks JOHN

Click for picture

Last edited by dr del; 06-09-2007 at 04:29 AM. Reason: please keep pics under 800 pixels wide

Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,369 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: gravid?

it's been a few weeks since what? since you saw copulation, put her with a male, noticed what looked like eggs in her belly, or something else? what kind of lay box are you using? how old is she and how much does she weigh?

i see some old shed on her feet and it looks like her tail may have a layer of shed on it too but i'm not sure from the photos. make sure to help her remove that old skin so she doesn't lose any toes. a lukewarm soak followed by rubbing the old skin with a wet q-tip should help remove the old skin. also make sure to provide her with a humid hide (this can double as a lay box) on the warm side of her enclosure at all times so she doesn't have trouble shedding in the future.
    - Emily

Thanks

its been around 3 weeks since i first noticed what i thought were eggs. as far as the stuff on her feet and tail that was calcium powder from the dish in her cage. the lay box is a tupperware container with 2 inches of vermiculite dampened to the point of clumping but not dripping. Also she is 58g
    Last edited by johnabrams82; 06-09-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,369 Posts
    Blog Entries

aaah calcium--my bad.

how long has it been since she was introduced to a male? it does kinda look like she has eggs in her belly but if her belly has looked like that for three weeks it's either not eggs or she could be egg bound. she is on the small side as far as being ready to breed. make sure she gets lots to eat and try giving her a pinkie once per week or so (for now) to help plump her up and make sure her body can handle being gravid.
    - Emily